I saw them at MDF two years ago and it was arguably the best set of the entire festival...

I am hoping for a handful of tunes from Schizophrenia.

#16 April 29, 2024, 05:15:24 PM Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 05:19:13 PM by BobbyAxelrod
Unfortunately, if it's anything like their setlists last year, the bulk of the songs will be from Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions. They just rerecorded both of those.

I haven't listened to those albums much, so maybe they're better than I think.

Their setlists from a couple of years ago had tons of Arise and Chaos A.D. in them.

Maybe I'm misjudging the setlist. The non-Mordid/Bestial songs are grouped together with slashes, making them look like three-song medleys. Perhaps they play them in full though, in which case it's pretty good.

The tour last year was advertised as Bestial / Morbid Visions and the one a few years ago was the Arise / Beneath the remains tour. This show is 'hits from their early career' which seems to suggest it will be a combination of all the Sepultura material they have been playing for the last few years. I think the Bestial / Morbid Visions tour already hit Europe at some stage last year.

I actually think this could be decent enough if max hasn't gone too immobile. Filed with Pantera reunion in that yeah it's not proper but could be decent. It's growing on me

Quote from: BobbyAxelrod on April 29, 2024, 05:15:24 PMMaybe I'm misjudging the setlist. The non-Mordid/Bestial songs are grouped together with slashes, making them look like three-song medleys. Perhaps they play them in full though, in which case it's pretty good.

Hope they are the full songs but played through without stopping, absolutely hate medleys. Didn't WASP pad their set with it last year?

WASP have been doing it for years I reckon - a medley appears on 'Double live assasians' too. Dio fond of and oul 'mish-mash' too.

Looks like it DME posted earlier in the week that only a few tickets were left.

#24 May 07, 2024, 12:04:24 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 12:08:06 PM by Bürggermeister
That's cunty. Sure, the UK is on a fast-track back to the Stone Age, but the rest of us are doing alright.

I would have liked songs from Arise and Beneath as well but at the same time it will be good to hear a lot of the more obscure songs that I don't even have live of recordings of.

I wonder will the band have copies of the re-recording with them for sale at the show as I won't be assed buying it 2 weeks after having seen them live.

I got the Bestial re-recording LP in that Nuclear Blast sale for €10 I must say I am really enjoying it more and more with each listen.

Quote from: mickO))) on May 07, 2024, 12:55:07 PMI got the Bestial re-recording LP in that Nuclear Blast sale for €10 I must say I am really enjoying it more and more with each listen.

The first day of that Nuclear Blast sale had some insane bargains.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on May 07, 2024, 12:04:24 PMThat's cunty. Sure, the UK is on a fast-track back to the Stone Age, but the rest of us are doing alright.

Waiting for them to announce the Tipp Town show to keep it authentic. The Indian restaurant down there is truly something from the black hole of calcutta even mother Teresa herself wouldn't go into it.

Anyway back to it: haven't listened to all of the first two rerecordings yet actually, just see them mentioned here though. Any good, or what's the consensus there?

I enjoyed them. The songwriting is a bit all over the place but it's amazing what the ability to play and a decent recording will do for them.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 08, 2024, 02:34:59 PMWaiting for them to announce the Tipp Town show to keep it authentic. The Indian restaurant down there is truly something from the black hole of calcutta even mother Teresa herself wouldn't go into it.
There's Third World and then there's Tipp town. Levels.