I suppose they are considered death/thrash, but MERCILESS - The Awakening is a savage album, which definitely owes a lot to German and Brazilian thrash, "proto black metal" etc.

https://youtu.be/IoYGJ89JAFs?si=DkXJPfq9Cd-al3qx

I gave Deathrow 'Raging Steel' a quick listen and it sounds like one I need to spend some time with.

Did I imagine it out was there a vinyl box set of the first two Sabbat (UK) albums released in the past year or two?

Quote from: leatherface on March 27, 2024, 05:22:07 PMGot 'Demon Preacher' recently on vinyl, wasn't cheap !

Only have it on CD though have the other album on vinyl.   

There's a Facebook page called Worship metal that recommend an old thrash album each day.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 29, 2024, 02:40:14 AMDid I imagine it out was there a vinyl box set of the first two Sabbat (UK) albums released in the past year or two?

Yep. There was.

Was it out on Noise? I must give it a look.

Not sure but it looks good. Must pick it up.

It is on Noise, called Mad Gods and Englishmen.  Was tempted at the time of release but didn't end up buying it as I already have both the albums and didn't think the extras were worth it.   

Morbid Saint sound like just the stuff. I have to dig in.

Amazed you hadn't encountered MS before, mad the gaps we all have. Spectrum of Death is a masterpiece.

I wonder would the American Solstice tick your boxes too. Prob more DM than thrash but has an edge you might enjoy.

Lots of great recs in this thread, hard to know how many actually fall into what you're looking for.

I am familiar with every single band mentioned so far if only in terms of recognising the name and artwork. I have just never really been arsed listening to much of it until recently.

Not as filthy as Morbid Saint but Hellwitch should still be in the vein of what you're looking for

https://youtu.be/jN7t_6Am_Js

Hellwitch are mental, the one from last year blew me apart
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Skeletonwitch have a death/black kind of influence. Might be what you're looking for.

Kinda more after 80s stuff ideally. The proto black and death stuff.