Description from the promoter of the London show as I am still on that mailing list:
QuoteThis Summer, we enter the frostbitten realms of Abbath Doom Occulta as he revisits the iconic catalogue of Immortal, the band he co-founded and helmed for nearly three decades. As one of the most influential metal bands to ever emerge from Norway, Abbath will pay tribute to Immortal's legacy by performing a carefully selected set of old fan favourites, rare gems and metal anthems.

For this 'Return to the Raven Realms Tour', Abbath will be armed with a spectacular stage show - the largest he has undertaken in his nearly 40-year long career. June can't cometh quickly enough.

Tickets on sale now - https://www.ticketmaster.ie/abbath-performs-immortal-dublin-25-06-2024/event/18006068E852721F

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on March 13, 2024, 09:58:48 AMI'll be there with fucking bells on

Exactly what I said on dme fb post 😂
What a glorious surprise to see while eating my ready break

Has he played any of these Immortal shows yet? Would be interested to see what the setlist is like. Hopefully by old fan favourites he means the first few albums and not Sons of Northern Darkness. If the setlist is good then this could be great in the Academy. Tickets price is fairly decent as well.

Nice! After this I will have gone to more gigs I'm the first half of this year than the previous four years combined.

Nice, looking forward to that,some good gigs coming thick and fast this year.

Winter is coming...... or is it a killer whale.....

This will be good!

I am absolutely buzzing with this announcement. Tickets acquired.

Roll on June! :abbath:

Deadly announcement! I haven't seen Abbath/Immortal since Wacken '07.

Quote from: mickO))) on March 13, 2024, 10:21:05 AMHas he played any of these Immortal shows yet? Would be interested to see what the setlist is like. Hopefully by old fan favourites he means the first few albums and not Sons of Northern Darkness. If the setlist is good then this could be great in the Academy. Tickets price is fairly decent as well.
I suspect it'll be songs on which he has a writing credit. This might be few, most, or all - dunno off the top of my head. So if your favourite ditty was solely credited to Demonaz, chances are it won't be played.

I could be way off on this, but it seems to be the setup for Dave Vincent's I Am Morbid. They play many of the Morbid Angel classics, but not ones he doesn't have a credit in.

I see Abbath now seems to have been somewhat renamed to his 'full' stage name of Abbath Doom Occulta. Strange.

Edit: just had a peep and it seems Abbath is credited on nearly everything so should be a good set list.

At the heart of Winter ;and Sons of Northern Darkness are the only two albums i really like.I find some of the early releaess unlistenable!.