#30 April 01, 2024, 10:18:59 PM Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 10:26:21 PM by mickO)))
As far as I know these Immortal shows will only start in the summer. I saw an advertisement about the Immortal shows for some summer festivals a few weeks before the show here was announced but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it as I never thought we would be getting one of the dates.

I wouldn't be expecting him to play any non Immortal songs at this show.

Edit: It says on the most recent DME post about the show 'a full set of Immortal classics'

From the Abbath facebook

QuoteThis summer Abbath and his band will revisit the past and pay tribute to the legacy by performing a carefully selected set of old fan favorites and iconic metal anthems Abbath co-wrote and recorded between 1992 and 2009.
'Return to the Raven Realms Tour' will be framed by the most spectacular stage show Abbath ever has undertaken in his nearly 40-year long career.
Says Abbath:
- I can't wait to get back on stage this summer to perform some old favorites that I haven't played for a long, long time. Mark my words – It's going to be loud and epic!
Abbath Doom Occulta are:
Abbath – Guitar & Vocals
Ole Andre Farstad – Guitar
Andreas Salbu – Bass
Ukri Suvilehto - Drums
Return to the Raven Realms Summer Tour 2024

So definitely no solo material and this tour only begins on June 20th

Not a lot of immortal songs in his recent setlist. Hope that changes with this gig!

The tour hasn't started yet read two posts above.

Quote from: mickO))) on May 11, 2024, 11:18:35 AMThe tour hasn't started yet read two posts above.

I did ya cunt. Just saying i hope it's all immortal

Quote from: Iliketortles on May 11, 2024, 11:10:57 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on May 11, 2024, 11:18:35 AMThe tour hasn't started yet read two posts above.

I did ya cunt. Just saying i hope it's all immortal

:laugh: you clearly didn't based on what you posted.

lets hope hes not a drunk tit and can actually remember how to play some Pure Holocaust tunes.

Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on May 17, 2024, 09:21:42 PMlets hope hes not a drunk tit and can actually remember how to play some Pure Holocaust tunes.
He's on the dry now I think

I think he went to rehab after that fall at the festival in Argentina.

Eternal Yers On The Path To The Cemetary Gates would be a good shout.

Any of them, it's a ferocious masterpiece. Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism doesn't get enough credit also, the sound on it is class. Battles in the North & At the Heart of Winter are obvious 10/10 imo but i still cant dissect the sound right on Blizard beasts. it just sounds off. Nebular Ravens Winter is an example of a great song let down by the recording. it worked completely Battles on the North however, that chaotic soundscape.     

Blizzard Beasts is savage. It's so manic and in your face.

Diabolical would be my favourite and the first one I go to when listening to Immortal. I rarely listen to Blizzard Beasts because the production is so bad. Every time I saw the Abbath band live they played Nebular so I would be very surprised if that doesn't get played at this show. I think he even did a re-recording of it on one of the releases with his solo band.

I've heard somewhere that they were fairly influenced by Morbid Angel on Blizzard Beasts, which came out after they had toured together. I had never made the connection but went to listen to it again and there are MA-style riffs all over it. It's good but not my favourite. I am with you on Diabolical though, I spun that to death as a teenager.

Anything up to Damned in Black is solid, but I am hoping for some old tunes from DFM and Pure Holocaust. 

Radical Research have dedicated an episode to Blizzard Beasts. It's very good.
It can be a chore to listen to the 2 fellas presenting the show sometimes but it's definitely worth checking out.