No idea who that grind band is. After reading the first few lines of Dr Expert I commit suicide.

Amazed that there is no mention of KK Warslut in that article

My mate just got his ticket at the weekend for Pantera in Sydney $300 AUD. If they get dropped I think the entire thing will be cancelled because the rest of the line-up is terrible.

Pantera at $300 per ticket won't get cancelled. It'll be the band whose singer once bought the ZyklonSS 88 demo playing to four people for $12 that will...

Quote from: John Kimble on February 28, 2024, 09:22:05 AMThe absolute fucking state of that Dr. Hillier lad. 

The jacket with the patches, the neckbeard, a pure fuckin overeducated eejit

Who's currently doing the most murdering in the world? My money wouldn't be on metal bands.

:laugh: How long were ya sitting on that?

#143 February 28, 2024, 06:56:00 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 06:59:32 PM by Mooncat
Speaking of cancelling venues, there was a situation here in Edmonton where a live music venue received a lot of backlash because it turned out one of its owners had been inappropriate with bar staff over the years. Once one came forward a whole lot more came forward and he ended up being arrested and sentenced to jail, which is all fair enough. Thing is, the backlash was so great that the venue was forced to close (as soon as the news became public the majority of bands scheduled to play there all began cancelling, people refused to go there, online hate etc).

Fast forward a few months and the venue is under new ownership and opening under a different name. The vitriol was still so great that this new place pre-opening started receiving a lot of online aggression. An online dialogue starts up and the new owner agrees to an open town hall with members of the local music scene. I went along for pure curiosity's sake (and because it was right beside where I live) and I watched this poor bastard field questions from the most entitled, demanding cunts imaginable for about 2hrs. He's trying to be diplomatic, but also politely put across that what happened before was nothing to do with him. People trying to tell him how to run his business, declare who the staff were online so people could vet them first, have a list of rules posted in the new venue it would abide by (which were ridiculous and unreasonable), let the public vet which bands could play there, plus a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's genuinely rare you come across these cunts in real life, but to see a collective of them going for it was quite the sight. This was a few years back when Me Too was more heightened. Of course the guy ended up just ignoring them, opened the venue, and it went on to be very successful and well-attended for a few years (though didn't survive covid).

It was a frustration watching local musicians shoot themselves in the foot like that. In a city where live venues were closing fast and only a handful remained, they successfully got one closed down, and tried to make it as difficult as possible for a new, completely unrelated one to open. Guess the outrage addiction is more powerful than the common sense, or the music...

Pure power-tripping mania from cunts who really should get off the dole and find a job  :laugh:

#145 April 29, 2024, 03:56:59 AM Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:01:08 AM by Mithrandir
Just seen most of Diocletian's UK dates have been cancelled due to venues being bombarded in a similar fashion, is this the future? Ay Caramba!!

If they get the paedo back in they can pull the minority card.

I think it's fine to have a paedo in the band, but they draw the line at Nazi paedos.

Didn't realise Diocletian were Nazis. I'll add them to my problematic CD's along with Burzum and Graveland. I won't burn them yet in case any of the lads have a change of heart and renounce white supremacy.

I heard about a Nottingham gig being cancelled, but not others. Have there been more in the last few days? Wasn't able to make their gig here last week as it was a school night and in an out-of-the-way venue, but was chatting with one of the organizers a few days before.

It seems only 2 of the 5 English shows went ahead Manchester and Newcastle.