I've pretty much no interest in knowing the type of person who would go out of their way to cancel a show. The fact that someone went out of their way to make such a spurious connection sickens me. Fed up of these losers projecting their neurosis onto the world as a whole. Nobody pipes extreme metal in to elevators. You can avoid this stuff very easily by not listening to it.

Quote from: hellfire on February 15, 2024, 10:37:03 PMI've pretty much no interest in knowing the type of person who would go out of their way to cancel a show. The fact that someone went out of their way to make such a spurious connection sickens me. Fed up of these losers projecting their neurosis onto the world as a whole. Nobody pipes extreme metal in to elevators. You can avoid this stuff very easily by not listening to it.
I don't think that being of the opinion that Nazis are bad is a neurosis.

"Fed up of these losers projecting their neurosis onto the world as a whole"

This is just what extremists do. Nazis first among them.

One sentence review of Mein Kampf: Loser projects his neurosis onto the world as a whole  :laugh: 

But they aren't going after Nazis in most cases, which I believe is the point. If they were going after actual far right groups, showing up at their hangouts and protesting I think nobody would be complaining too much. 

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on February 16, 2024, 09:48:15 AM
Quote from: hellfire on February 15, 2024, 10:37:03 PMI've pretty much no interest in knowing the type of person who would go out of their way to cancel a show. The fact that someone went out of their way to make such a spurious connection sickens me. Fed up of these losers projecting their neurosis onto the world as a whole. Nobody pipes extreme metal in to elevators. You can avoid this stuff very easily by not listening to it.
I don't think that being of the opinion that Nazis are bad is a neurosis.

Nazi hunting in 2024 is the action of a lunatic. A couple of underground metal bands with lame connections to other politically ridiculous bands is not going to usher in the fourth reich. The Nazis are bad argument was settled almost 80 years ago. Lads who are running around acting like they have reinvented the wheel because they know that Nazism is bad are sad cases indeed. As Andy pointed out, they're not smashing up Golden Dawn hangouts either. Extraordinarily pathetic any way its viewed.

They're going after people who say things like this (interview with two members of Haste/Gurn from one of the links above: https://archive.is/tHY4P ):
Quotewe have experienced a lot of Jew-like behavior in the so-called "Melbourne Black Metal" scene, even though we do not consider there being a scene or that Mardraum was ever a part of, due to the cancerous amount of PC faggots and circle-jerking posers that infest it.

Now, we can be (overly) charitable and pass this kind of thing off as just bravado, metal aesthetic shit talk. But even as such, it's objectively about as immature as you can get. Personally, I feel like I'm in the mind of a teenager when I read that, all the more so that it's spoken from a place of self-anointed superiority. I'd say it's at least (!) equally as immature as thinking cancelling gigs is going to advance any kind of left-wing cause. Which leaves us with two groups of children scrapping over which of their equally immature visions of the world is best. Are they scrapping because one side is right and the other wrong? No, they're scrapping because they have childlike but opposing understandings of the world. Yes, pity your gig got cancelled, but it's an understandable part of the territory when dealing with children, albeit children capable of making sounds we enjoy listening to. Added to which, as I said above, the push-back from left-wing extremists is just about the only scrap of validation of extremity these immature NSBM mooks have left: they should be glad for it!

That's, like, so communist of you, Chris.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 16, 2024, 09:58:42 AMBut they aren't going after Nazis in most cases, which I believe is the point. If they were going after actual far right groups, showing up at their hangouts and protesting I think nobody would be complaining too much. 

I reckon Australian TV need to dedicate a full hour to a public debate between you and Mr. Fuil Na Seanchoille on the subject. It's the only sane way to resolve this debate publicly. 

:laugh: sure himself is into good black metal if I'm not mistaken  :laugh:

How about a forum meetup where we bring knives. Only the worst offenders (myself included). Sure I could coax Kev out of retirement for that particular blood bath.

It's just so cheesy and cliche though why would anyone be bothered ? Like there is a real limit to how many ways a swastika or totenkopf or SS insignia can be put on the cover of an album until it all looks the same and becomes pretty much completely boring.

Regarding the venue I should automatically expect that I can walk into any pub in Ireland sit down at a table set up a little stall and start selling SS flags and copies of Mein Kampf because no one else in the pub will mind in the slightest not least the bar staff or manager or actual owner it will all just be perfectly normal and acceptable. If for some bizarre reason I am turfed out or get a punch in the nose then I need to find a forum to have big whinge about being the victim of sort of left wing conspiracy like you know what planet are people living on ?

Seriously though I don't see why a metal scene itself wouldn't self regulate itself in some way about it. Maybe it is easy to creep in because metal already has an sort of horror aesthetic but like it does all come across as ridiculously juvenile.

#117 February 17, 2024, 10:44:24 AM Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 10:46:16 AM by Eoin McLove
Looks like Solstice are currently under attack for some comments made by Rich. Lots of big statements being made and handbags at dawn, but regardless of what I may think about all of it, it's ultimately nice to see a metal band refuse to take the knee. I think it would have been stronger for them to simply say 'get fucked' than explain their position, but whatever, I'm sure they hope to keep playing gigs so there has to be some level of capitulation, even if it's roundabout. Roll on new Solstice music.

Where's this? Any links?

Reading that stuff is perfect with a mug of tea.

Links all up on their Facebook page.