Quote from: Trev on January 22, 2024, 09:32:38 PMBit much for me, especially considering how much Kreator and Anthrax have played here in the last 10 years or so

Kreator have played 3 times in 11 years the same amount they've played in last 20 years!

0 times in 7 years is not something I'd conjure to be regular meself and that's before you gotta note they've not gone beyond the pale in that time either.

My young fella nearly collapsed when he saw the line-up.
I'd love to take him, but being a Monday night probably means this will be skipped, I'm afraid.

Feels like every gig announced sells out or is absolutely rammed. I reckon this will end up doing really, really well.

Like in the early 2000s i can definitely remember Kreator playing Eammon Dorans?.They seem to have exploded in popularity since.

Yeah, think that was 2002, great gig though Mille whinged about the venue at every opportunity. Seen them supporting Cannibal Corpse the year previous too which was also a good show.

All three bands have enjoyed a resurgence for sure but it's at Academy, Olympia, Vicar Street level. It'll be interesting to see how it translates to arenas.

Anthrax are a difficult band to judge;they are in between big and medium sized in terms of popularity.As Someone mentioned above Dublin probably needs 4/5k venue.

That's the thing, I couldn't see Anthrax doing 5k anywhere.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on January 23, 2024, 09:49:02 AMYeah, think that was 2002, great gig though Mille whinged about the venue at every opportunity. Seen them supporting Cannibal Corpse the year previous too which was also a good show.

All three bands have enjoyed a resurgence for sure but it's at Academy, Olympia, Vicar Street level. It'll be interesting to see how it translates to arenas.

The gig with CC and Krisiun is one of my fondest gig memories ever. Not an Anthrax fan but I'll probably head to this.

Will Charlie and Scott actually show up? seems to me one or other is always missing.....

I am pretty sure I seen anthrax 3 years in a row and either one was missing.

R

100%

Any time I've seen Anthrax it's been a different line-up.  :laugh:

Also, out of all those bands they consistently deliver the worst bang for buck in respect to setlist. The same fuckin stuff every time. So much good material they could play yet they stick to their dopey covers Got the Time? and Antisocial with the usual selection from Among the Living, so lazy. It's criminal that they ignore the bush era but they could dig into Persistence or some of the other records a bit more.

#25 January 23, 2024, 01:29:58 PM Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:33:43 PM by Paul keohane
They ignore the Bush era because most of it isn't great.Dont get me wrong Bush is a great vocalist;but give me Got the time and Antisocial live over some mid 90s stuff anyday.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on January 23, 2024, 12:32:09 PMAlso, out of all those bands they consistently deliver the worst bang for buck in respect to setlist. The same fuckin stuff every time. So much good material they could play yet they stick to their dopey covers Got the Time? and Antisocial with the usual selection from Among the Living, so lazy. It's criminal that they ignore the bush era but they could dig into Persistence or some of the other records a bit more.

That really pissed me off when they supported Slayer a few yeara ago. A 7 song set and they played 2 covers.

QuoteThey ignore the Bush era because most of it isn't great.Dont get me wrong Bush is a great vocalist;but give me Got the time and Antisocial live over some mid 90s stuff anyday.

Ah no, fuck that. Some bangers across all the records there, I'd take anything off Sound Of White Noise over anything else they've done to be honest. I've seen the band with either singer too and Bush comes out on top for me, better frontman and you got a far more varied setlist with John fronting the band. I'll admit he doesn't do the earlier stuff as well as Belladonna but the likes of Keep It In The Family sound heftier with Bush at the helm.

QuoteThat really pissed me off when they supported Slayer a few yeara ago. A 7 song set and they played 2 covers

Yep, weakest band on the bill by a mile. They also played themselves on and off the stage to the Cowboys From Hell Riff, pathetic.

Quote from: jobrok1 on January 23, 2024, 08:55:32 AMMy young fella nearly collapsed when he saw the line-up.
I'd love to take him, but being a Monday night probably means this will be skipped, I'm afraid.

Man, make the sacrifice for the guy! When would he ever get the chance again? He could sleep on the way home, or go into school an hour or two late.

It reminds me of a Cork lad in secondary school back in the day who went to school as usual in his uniform, but had his metal clothes in his bag, so changed out and fecked off to catch Kreator in the Top Hat instead.
Hence he earned the nickname Baggy  :abbath:

I mitched half a day at school to hop on the train for Megadeth in the Point in '91, I'd have killed to see this line up back then. Bring him ta fuck.