Cool lineup and am presuming it's the reduced configuration in the 3Arena, would those bands do 3-4K?

Hell yeah! Excellent news  :-* I love all 3 bands, although I'm out of touch with Kreator for a fair few albums at this stage.

Great line up,that will appeal to a lot of heads!.Whats the capacity of the national boxing arena??didnt Testament and a few others fill that comfortably about 2 years ago?.So add add a few thousand to that id say,its got a bit of a big event feel to it so will draw a good crowd.

Boxing Arena was 2k approx

3arena is 14k, not a hope

Ah i know the line up won't fill the place! :laugh:

5k be my guess!

Picked you up wrong bro, thought you meant a few thousand more and it'd be full

€72 a ticket...steep but a good line up so I'll probs fork out for it. For me Testament should be the headliners with the other two as support but that's the age old Big 4 debate for you!

Fantastic line up and tickets will no doubt he snapped up fast.

Having said that, I won't be going on account of Bruxelles no longer catering to the unhygienic and I'm not prepared to have a shower for the sake of being let into a pub for some pints before or after the gig.

Bit much for me, especially considering how much Kreator and Anthrax have played here in the last 10 years or so

#11 January 23, 2024, 01:19:08 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:33:46 AM by Pain Medicine
Think there has been a jump in ticket prices and this is just how much gigs are going to cost from now on. The fact that Sepultura and Jinjer sold out the Olympia in a few hours charging €70+ indicates people are willing to pay these new prices.

Personally don't mind on this occasion as I like all 3 bands and would expect to pay €40 to see Testament, Anthrax and Kreator individually in the academy. Just hope Testament get a decent set.

This is the kind of tour we always miss out on due to not having a 5k capacity venue so I'm glad to see it come to Dublin, hope it sells well enough.

QuoteThe fact that Sepultura and Jinjer sold out the Olympia in a few hours charging €70+ indicates people are willing to pay these new prices.

I would say that's more because it's the last jaunt. I wouldn't be paying 70+ to see Sepultura ordinarily.

Great announcement, very happy with the 3 arena, able to bring the young lad. I always feel these days it could be the last time around for some of these bands so gotta go. Never seen Kreator live either.

Yeah those prices are actually alright when put in the context of inflation with everything else when you consider tickets for a single big act were about 60-65 for donkeys years. I remember paying 60 for Depeche Mode in the Point in 2006. An extra 10 or 15 more a lifetime later for smaller but triple the amount of acts is fine.