I guess any Metallica album from 2000 onwards is an obvious answer for completely irredeemable. All the 90s stuff had something good.

Machine Head's nu-metal album, AC/DC's Fly on the Wall, there's a really awful Celtic Frost one whose name escapes me...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 30, 2023, 09:39:15 PMI kind of agree with FNM. I like some of the later stuff but nothing comes close The Real Thing or Angel Dust.

I'd add Introduce Yourself to the equation.

Cold Lake.

Arise is an objectively wrong shout, it's their peak in every respect.

Assuming we're talking about single instances of just getting everything wrong (as opposed to the point from which they generally went downhill), then Volume 8 is an obvious one. Sounds like shit and the songs are crap to boot.

Reroute to Remain.
Fuck Anders Friden.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 30, 2023, 09:39:15 PMI kind of agree with FNM. I like some of the later stuff but nothing comes close The Real Thing or Angel Dust.

Not even KFAD with Trey Spruance?

Aaaaaiìeeeee

No.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on December 31, 2023, 12:51:51 AMReroute to Remain.
Fuck Anders Friden.

Is that the nu metal yoke with the spiral on the cover? If it is, I bought the cunt

Slayer - Seasons in the abyss, awful album just like Sepultura Arise

Deicide - once upon the cross, lame vocal patterns, shit production and lacks the aggression of the first 2 albums.

Napalm Death - Fear, Emptiness, Despair up to, but not including Enemy of the music business.

Entombed - Wolverine Blues, weak sause

#22 December 31, 2023, 07:51:15 AM Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 08:29:41 AM by Carnage
Seasons, Once and WB are all fantastic, among their relative best albums. I'd say that's harsh on FED, though with the exception of Smear Campaign, they've been poor after it alright.

King For A Day isn't quite shit, but it's certainly the worst of the four classic Patton albums. Flat production and the songs generally aren't up to scratch. Overlong, too.

Ah here!,i think lads are being ridiculously harsh with some of these calls!

King For A Day is on the same level as The Real Thing and Angel Dust.
Arise is excellent, I don't know how it could be considered otherwise.

Slayer went to shit after Divine Intervention.

Once Upon The Cross.... Be still my beating heart, that's every bit as good as the first 2.

That In Flames album with the spiral thing was the last one I bought and first one I sold on. Those whingey vocals. Cunt.

Biohazard went to shit after State Of The World address. They have all said that the non stop touring and ever growing egos sent them into a rinse and repeat spiral.
I still find it hard to believe Warner Bros were completely hands off during the State sessions.

Hatebreed went to absolute shit after Supremacy. Most will think they were shit all along!

Mata Leao was OK. Definitely not a patch on State of the World Address but not complete crap either.

Low hanging fruit but Morbid Angel Illud David's Anus surely deserves a mention.

It's arguable that FFTTF was their last good album with Heretic being a weak and forgettable follow up with cardboard production, but Illud is in a league of its own when it comes to being unlistenable horseshit.

Kingdoms Distained is hookless muck and confirms that the MA tank is completely dry.

The End Complete. After the perfection of the first two albums, particularly Cause of Death with Murphy's melodic playing over Peres' crudeness, the future was so bright for Obituary but, instead, they got West back and dug a dull, lifeless rut for themselves.

#28 December 31, 2023, 10:24:14 AM Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 11:10:57 AM by Circlepit
Mata Leao was ok but it took so much to convince myself at the time that I liked it. In retrospect it was time wasted.
The End Complete is killer!

Some very obvious picks mentioned already. But fuck me, most of the choices mentioned deserve to be in the 'Controversial Metal Opinions' thread