Quote from: astfgyl on December 08, 2023, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on December 08, 2023, 04:31:29 PMShit buzz. Big fan of the Green era, after an admittedly ropey start. One of the very few bands from that era who remained innovative and interesting. I genuinely hope they don't cash-in in a few years with Max, who's been pedalling shite for a lot longer than he was ever good. Quadra is a fucking beast of an album to sign off with.

I don't get this ropey start thing at all. Against is my favourite of the
Greene stuff. Now i did see a reissue of Against lately in golden discs and the flash said something like "The Classic Debut" and i thought that was a bit much given the fact it doesn't seem to be generally regarded at all. The next couple were not great actually tbf, Roorback being particularly poor.

A-Lex is decent and Dante as well. Haven't kept up with the later stuff really though.

Wonder what Greene will get up to next, he's a good vocalist to be fair to him
Against was ok, at best, Nation was weak, though. From Roorback on, it's been gold as far as I'm concerned. Dante, A-Lex and Qaudra are the pick of the bunch and what's inbetween is always enjoyable to listen to. Derrick''s voice has been fairly scratchy on any of the live stuff I've heard recently. He might be reaching the end of the road of doing the shouty stuff. His singing voice is fucking cool, though, shame they didn't utilise it more.

Don't think they could just start using the name again, the band would surely have some sort of trademark to it. There'd have to be some sort of agreement like happened with Fear Factory and that took years of messy court cases to sort out

I could never get into the Greene era stuff.  I decided to check out their  last album as there was high praise for it at the time of its release, but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. 

Quote from: Bürggermeister on December 08, 2023, 08:47:03 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on December 08, 2023, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on December 08, 2023, 04:31:29 PMShit buzz. Big fan of the Green era, after an admittedly ropey start. One of the very few bands from that era who remained innovative and interesting. I genuinely hope they don't cash-in in a few years with Max, who's been pedalling shite for a lot longer than he was ever good. Quadra is a fucking beast of an album to sign off with.

I don't get this ropey start thing at all. Against is my favourite of the
Greene stuff. Now i did see a reissue of Against lately in golden discs and the flash said something like "The Classic Debut" and i thought that was a bit much given the fact it doesn't seem to be generally regarded at all. The next couple were not great actually tbf, Roorback being particularly poor.

A-Lex is decent and Dante as well. Haven't kept up with the later stuff really though.

Wonder what Greene will get up to next, he's a good vocalist to be fair to him
Against was ok, at best, Nation was weak, though. From Roorback on, it's been gold as far as I'm concerned. Dante, A-Lex and Qaudra are the pick of the bunch and what's inbetween is always enjoyable to listen to. Derrick''s voice has been fairly scratchy on any of the live stuff I've heard recently. He might be reaching the end of the road of doing the shouty stuff. His singing voice is fucking cool, though, shame they didn't utilise it more.

Kairos and Machine Messiah are crackers too. I was slow to appreciate Machine Messiah but it's quality. Their gig supporting it in the Tivoli was something else too.

Sad to see, but they've earned it.

Honestly feel like the Greene era is just as potent as the Max era - considering the common denominator (Kisser), it's no real mystery where the creative juices of Seps lie.

And fuck it, Casagrande is a better drummer than Igor.

Max would love to see a reunion but I doubt if the other side has any interest. Like Pantera though if they never split then surely they would be absolutely huge or even one of the biggest bands in metal. They did successfully manage to navigate the 90s by not making another BTR but with Roots then maybe went to far. From the later period I really only know Alex which I thought was pretty good but its ages since I listened to it.

Lets not kid ourselves,if the old line up reunited for a tour we'd all be there with bells and whistles!

I never gave a fuck about band politics when theres a split in the camp.Theres always cunts at the heart of these things.

But i honestly wouldn't give two fuckes when they are up on stage belting out tracks off BTR and Arise etc.

Its was like Death to all thing,fellas crying becsuse it was other menbers cashing in on Chucks legacy!.Honestly I couldn't care less if all involved are having a blast,including myself on a nostalgia trip in the crowd.

Quote from: Paul keohane on December 11, 2023, 08:08:13 AMLets not kid ourselves,if the old line up reunited for a tour we'd all be there with bells and whistles!

This is accurate. Although some lads who went to great pains to see Pantera MK 2 wouldn't have been at all bothered if they had been together all along.

Quote from: Paul keohane on December 11, 2023, 08:08:13 AMLets not kid ourselves,if the old line up reunited for a tour we'd all be there with bells and whistles!

The Cavalera Beneath the remains / Arise shows and the current shows playing Morbid and Bestial are getting great reviews. I would take those any day over this Sepultura tribute act. 

Quotewould take those any day over this Sepultura tribute act.
:laugh:

The cavleras are probably writing the reviews themselves

Are the Cavaleras coming here I wonder?

Seen someone ask Max's wife if they would show up at the last show. She said no, then started rambling about they believe in looking to the future, not the past. Naturally enough, next question was if that's the case, why are they doing all the Morbid Visions etc stuff then?   :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Scarlet for her!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :abbath:

For me Sepulturas peak was Beneath the Remains and Arise, would listen to Chaos AD occasionally, it was almost like their Black album, everything after I struggle with especially Roots.

Speaking of Gloria, if you've ever read her blog it does give currency to Kisser/Xisto's version of events that she was ruining the band.

QuoteGood morning my Students, people of the tribe,  people of the world...  Did you know that a terrorist called me on the early morning of 9/11, two hours before the attack on the Word Trade Center?  No, you didn't.  Did you know that your's truly is in possession of a voicemail message from 9/11 that is equivalent to the Zapruder tape of JFK's assassination?  No, you didn't.  Why?  Because the FBI, the 9/11 Commission, The Washington Post, CNN, and everyone else in control of our information decided to bury it.  I have carried this ever since that dreadful morning in 2001 and I will not suppress it anymore.  People need the information...

I wake up early, before 6:00 am every day, but on September 11th of 2001, it was a morning I could never forget.  I went into my office and I saw the light blinking on the caller ID- strange for a call to come in the middle of the night, but I could see that a couple did- a pizza place in New Jersey.  Weird.

I went outside a grabbed the newspaper noticing Michaels Jordan's face in the corner.  It was an article about a press conference scheduled for that day.  Going back in the house, the phone rang in the kitchen.  It was my mother calling bright and early, "Turn on CNN Gloria."  I asked, "Why?" - "Turn it on honey." Click. She hung up.

The shock filled me as I saw the tower in flames, the smoke billowing.  Running through the house, I woke everybody up and went to the TV.  Before our eyes a second plane struck the second tower.

A few hours later, I went to the office and checked my messages.  A scary, creepy messaged slithered in my ear.  WTF?  This can't be.  The caller was slow, rehearsed, a message of unbelievable proportions.  Although I didn't realize it at the time, it told a three-part story of wicked betrayal of the American people's trust.  It told the past, the present and the future of our world.  A prophecy with a chilling message is there, taking residence in my voicemail.

I went to a pay phone at the Safeway near my house and dialed the FBI hotline number that was on the CNN ticker at the bottom of the screen.  A woman told me to preserve everything about the phone call and that somebody would come by to check it out.

I preserved.  I waited.  I waited.  I called.  I waited, I called, I called...And called...and called...Many things happened on my end as I tried to get this information to someone.  I recorded the call and put it on a CD.  I then did what any good manager would do;  I asked our booking agent to book a tour for Soulfly to New York City and to New Jersey.  This gave birth to the Static X/ Soufly US Tour in 2002.