Whatever Iommi says is Sabbath... is Sabbath  :abbath:

Nah. It's like Zeppelin - if any of the four original/classic members are absent it's audibly lacking and just not the same band. As competent as the replacements mught have been they weren't Butler, Ward or Osbourne and the band was a lesser entity as a result. It was increasingly about Iommi's ego as time went on (putting himself centre stage and Ozzy relegated to the side? Fuck off) so to call the albums from H&H on Iommi solo albums is justified IMO.

Judas Priest's Nostradamus is an epic album to cook to.

Whatever Page says is Zeppelin... is Zeppelin  :abbath:  :P

(irony intended  :)  I don't even personally think Page is the most talented member)

I'd rather more shit bands broke up than past-it bands "reunite"

22 years after hearing Phantom Lord for the first time, I've just suddenly realised (in the shower of all places and not even listening to the song), that the lyrics are "crushing metal strikes", not "crushing metal strikes".

I'd often wondered what a metal strike was, and why one would want to crush them 🤷

:laugh:

People going on strike from metal. Posers. Crushing them.

That's a great admission  :laugh:

A similar one:
What is 'Battery' in 'Battery'??

Definitions:

noun

a container consisting of one or more cells, in which chemical energy is converted into electricity and used as a source of power.

"a camera battery"

Similar:

cell

accumulator

power unit

a fortified emplacement for heavy guns.

"anti-aircraft missile batteries"

I've always thought 1, but then changed to 2
Now I'm 1 again!

Which feckin one is it ?!!!!

:laugh:

I always that it was in the sense of 'assault and...'

#624 September 03, 2024, 06:27:12 PM Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 07:28:21 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Carnage on September 03, 2024, 05:52:32 PMI always that it was in the sense of 'assault and...'

I feel like maybe this is correct. Although possibly there is  a double meaning going on there - Battering the shite out of someone, and also, battery as in "an artillery sub-unit of guns, men, and vehicles" - as in a we are a close knit military like force to be reckoned with.

Always thought it was battery as in battering people too, specifically about being in a mosh pit

QuoteCircle of destruction, hammer comes crushing
Powerhouse of energy
Whipping up a fury, dominating flurry
We create the battery

Battery Street, San Francisco. Home to The Old Waldorf where they played/hung out.

Oh, cool info, never knew that.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: The Great Cull on September 03, 2024, 08:01:07 PMBattery Street, San Francisco. Home to The Old Waldorf where they played/hung out.

???

Nice info  8)

#629 September 04, 2024, 01:00:23 PM Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 01:01:58 PM by ochoill
Good evening Eindhoven
We are from England
We are - My Dying Broieieied

I'd say I have thought about this at least once a week for 20, 25 years now.  However long ago I heard it