What kind of stage times will we be looking at for Limerick? Trying to convince a buddy to go but he's wary of the bus times

Times for Dublin - per Academy Twitter
Doors - 7pm
Samuel Kerridge - 7.45pm
Godflesh - 8.45pm

Just noticed that these seem to be the first Godflesh shows since Halloween. Looking forward to it the shows in 2022 were great.

Great gig. I'd say better than the last gigs and Justin is back to a shaved head again. Crazy to think he's in his mid 50's

Who was the dedication to? Couldn't make it out.

Quote from: jpm4 on May 11, 2024, 11:47:49 PMWho was the dedication to? Couldn't make it out.
Steve Albini & Geordie Walker

What was the crowd like in the academy did it get anywhere near full?

#53 May 12, 2024, 12:49:37 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 12:52:14 PM by Pentagrimes
About an hour and ten or thereabouts.
They were cut off as they slightly overran I think, there was a stage hand giving JB the "cut" sign just during the encore. They started a little later than planned but I don't think they went over by much,maybe one or two songs

Great set. Quite enjoyed Kerridge too though I'd enjoy him more on headphones than live again I'd say.

Crowdwise downstairs was full, didn't open the balcony. It was the most amount of bald men in black tshirts I've ever seen in one place.

I

#54 May 12, 2024, 01:06:33 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 01:10:23 PM by astfgyl
Looking forward to tonight now hope they're good and loud in the warehouse

Edit: that's a decent looking setlist ye got in Dublin. Fair hope they play Slateman in limerick

QuoteIt was the most amount of bald men in black tshirts I've ever seen in one place.

Definitely! Women clearly do not like Godflesh.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 12, 2024, 01:06:33 PMLooking forward to tonight now hope they're good and loud in the warehouse

People kept shouting up at the stage to turn the volume up during the Godflesh set last night and Justin even acknowledged it.

Quote from: jpm4 on May 12, 2024, 01:10:17 PM
QuoteIt was the most amount of bald men in black tshirts I've ever seen in one place.

Definitely! Women clearly do not like Godflesh.

My daughter loved them  :laugh:

Samuel Kerridge is class. Cool that he was supporting. What sort of set was it?

https://youtu.be/AaoaAuIXs1k?si=eW46ENHH9FfhaRrH

What are the stage times for Dolan's?

Looking forward to it  8)