QuoteI hope there is Godflesh merch at this show

I've been disappointed with the merch at most of the shows I've gone to over the past couple of years. You'd think bands would be well stocked.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 24, 2024, 07:22:17 AMNot too far off now, looking forward to this.

Though support might be tough going - Samuel Kerridge. Industrial, Noise type stuff. I have his fallen empire album and it's really the type of thing you have to be in the mood for to throw it on. I don't think it's suited to a live setting at all but could be proven wrong.

That for both gigs?

Yep both gigs. I do think the stuff is worth a punt if you like that kind of thing and I am going in to check it out just reckon it'll test the patience of most.

Ah, they're UK though. Would get stung with an import charge no doubt. Feck that ha ha

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 24, 2024, 07:50:11 PMYep both gigs. I do think the stuff is worth a punt if you like that kind of thing and I am going in to check it out just reckon it'll test the patience of most.

Yeah I may give it a go even though I've a terrible track record for making it in to watch the support. Might be fun watching it drive lads mad as well if nothing else

Reminds me of the Patton/Fennesz gig in the village years back. Place was packed with arseholes expecting to hear Faith No More

I know a lad that went to that and he should have known well what to expect and he still came out cribbing because Patton wasn't singing any songs :laugh:

I saw that Patton/Fennesz show in Amsterdam. Flew home the day of the Dublin show and Mike Patton was on my flight back to Dublin.

I got a photo with him in the baggage hall.

I met him in a medical bookstore in Dublin in 92.

Looking forward to this now. I will actually be sober as well instead of the usual whirlwind of drugs, which will be something different at least. Haven't looked at any setlists, but even if it was the exact same as last time I'd still be delighted

Quote from: astfgyl on May 08, 2024, 02:24:29 PMLooking forward to this now. I will actually be sober as well instead of the usual whirlwind of drugs, which will be something different at least. Haven't looked at any setlists, but even if it was the exact same as last time I'd still be delighted
:laugh:

I'll be in Limerick the day before the Dolan's gig for a match. I was tempted to stay for a couple of nights and catch them there but the price of hotels would cross your eyes.