Quote from: Carnage on October 17, 2023, 01:49:23 PMIn Galway you at least have the 1AM Citylink bus to Dublin, so that'll get me home but you're still hanging around for the guts of a couple of hours after most gigs end, bar the odd smaller pub gig. Risky business in Galway these days.

During the week there's a 10:15 train but that's no good for gigs. The bus service is a joke, Bus Éireann don't even have a Dublin to Galway route anymore.
Don't get me started on the bus's here. In order to get from Kilenny to limerick the bus goes in the opposite direction to the red cow. Then you wait for another bus that brings you to Limerick. 3 hour journey is all it is. Actually unbelievable

#16 October 18, 2023, 12:21:49 PM Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 01:44:04 PM by Carnage
Auch a pile of shit. Ryan and his ilk increase carbon tax and fuel duty in order to force people out of cars, yet won't provide any alternative (going in the opposite direction in terms of ending the Dublin-Galway bus routes), so you're forced to drive and fill their coffers as a result.

Turning back toward the actual topic, the above is why I'm not going to this. Can't get home after either gig, so would be forced to stay over and it's the price of accomodation that's the killer.

Book in in Ennis, I'll drop you there after thr gig I'm sure it's cheaper

Quote from: ochoill on October 17, 2023, 11:44:24 AMIt's the Academy for Dublin.

I had thought there was a slightly later option for Cork transit from here but it's been a while since I looked.  I know it's dogshit in the other direction anyway because I have attempted to go to gigs in Cork and back the same night only to have found trains/buses end at 9.00pm on a Saturday.

HOWEVER There will likely be lads driving up and back for this, I know it's a good bit out but there's definitely options.
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on October 05, 2023, 11:14:05 AMTag test
There's a lad who might know more since I see him at Dolan's gigs regularly enough.

Looks like there has to be an actual message. Luckily, I read through anyway.

Unfortunately my secret is an ultra cheap rental in some lad's apartment. That or getting a lift back depending on the occasion.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on October 17, 2023, 12:15:20 PM
Quote from: ochoill on October 17, 2023, 11:44:24 AMI had thought there was a slightly later option for Cork transit from here but it's been a while since I looked.

I don't think that there's a later option. I wanted to go to that Protomartyr show in Limerick this coming Friday but there's nothing after 2030hrs .

If only I'd read this in time, there was a bus rented for Cork crew! Didn't make it up myself though.

Purge is some of their best material. Discuss

Quote from: Necro Red on November 07, 2023, 10:13:06 AMPurge is some of their best material. Discuss

Yes, it's brilliant. Can't wait to catch em again and hopefully they play one or two off it

Ticket in the bag, elated. A night on the Godflesh beckons

Many round here going to the limerick gig? I hope it isn't just me...

Got tickets yesterday for myself and the daughter. Excited now.

Not too far off now, looking forward to this.

Though support might be tough going - Samuel Kerridge. Industrial, Noise type stuff. I have his fallen empire album and it's really the type of thing you have to be in the mood for to throw it on. I don't think it's suited to a live setting at all but could be proven wrong.

I hope there is Godflesh merch at this show. There was none at the last gig if ye remember? Wouldn't say no to a Hymns shirt now

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on April 24, 2024, 07:22:17 AMNot too far off now, looking forward to this.

Though support might be tough going - Samuel Kerridge. Industrial, Noise type stuff. I have his fallen empire album and it's really the type of thing you have to be in the mood for to throw it on. I don't think it's suited to a live setting at all but could be proven wrong.

I love noise, industrial, dark ambient etc. Rarely has it worked live for me bar Ben Frost

Quote from: Necro Red on April 24, 2024, 11:11:42 AMI hope there is Godflesh merch at this show. There was none at the last gig if ye remember? Wouldn't say no to a Hymns shirt now

Plastichead have them if not, and they're sanctioned by the band unlike Earache's merch.