Japanese experimental metal band SIGH (official page) bring their '30 Years Of Eastern Darkness' tour to Ireland in November with specials guests Laster. See them at The Grand Social Dublin on Nov 1st and The Deer's Head, Belfast on the 2nd. Tickets on sale now from Ticketmaster and usual outlets

This is one I never expected. Not a big fan of anything after the Ghastly Funeral Theatre. I saw them once in 08 and they were great live so will definitely head to this.

I'm doing both. Between this and Emperor DME made it impossible to stick to my not going to Dublin again promise.

Thank you! Ticket bought, I saw Sigh at a festival last year they were excellent.

I'd love to hit the Dublin show but being mid-week burns up work leave and the price of hotels is crippling.

One of my first trips to Dublin for an underground gig was for Sigh and Primordial in the mid 90s.

I never knew they had played here before. What year was that? Was it just the one time?

I can see this selling out I would have thought the grand social was a bit small for a band like Sigh then on top of that I just checked and tickets are only €25 (well before greedy TM fees).

Lots of old material on recent setlists so would have done both dates but I am flying to Canada on the 2nd so just Dublin will have to do.

It is a welcome announcement as a lot of the recently announced shows have been pretty disappointing for my tastes.

That would have been a great era to see them in. Now that you say the first show outside Japan that rings a bell from Metalireland years ago. I also remember that fella from Cork who owned all the rare records use to talk about corresponding with Mirai back in early 90's every time the band was brought up on MI he said Mirai use to call him Mr. Pat

Yeah I think Primordial played with them, AA did an episode of his podcast on it a while back IIRC.

Definitely getting tickets for this, wonder if we'll see some other bands doing Damnation fest doing a gig here.

Quote from: mickO))) on August 04, 2023, 03:32:26 PMThat would have been a great era to see them in. Now that you say the first show outside Japan that rings a bell from Metalireland years ago. I also remember that fella from Cork who owned all the rare records use to talk about corresponding with Mirai back in early 90's every time the band was brought up on MI he said Mirai use to call him Mr. Pat
yep Pat Clancy,only lives about a kilometer from me.The running joke still to this day ,was he was to keep an eye on me and a buddie (we were only 16 at the the time),but we ended up minding him! :laugh:

Am surprised at them playing the size of The Grand Social also, I thought Whelan's or Opium would be more likely.

Nice, I know they're doing a double set at Damnation so wonder if any of the other bands playing will make the trip over

Wow what an announcement. Poichasing a ticket immediately

Did someone link photos to that Charlie's gig before?

Been well out of the loop with Sigh with years,put on their latest album earlier!,incredible!