Quote from: Trev on August 04, 2023, 04:01:40 PMNice, I know they're doing a double set at Damnation so wonder if any of the other bands playing will make the trip over
Yeah that festival has some good bands,enslaved are playing below the lights and Viking veldi in full!

Quote from: Paul keohane on August 04, 2023, 03:36:27 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on August 04, 2023, 03:32:26 PMThat would have been a great era to see them in. Now that you say the first show outside Japan that rings a bell from Metalireland years ago. I also remember that fella from Cork who owned all the rare records use to talk about corresponding with Mirai back in early 90's every time the band was brought up on MI he said Mirai use to call him Mr. Pat
yep Pat Clancy,only lives about a kilometer from me.The running joke still to this day ,was he was to keep an eye on me and a buddie (we were only 16 at the the time),but we ended up minding him! :laugh:

At least he enjoyed himself  :laugh:

I was watching the DVD they released last year yesterday and I forgot how much I enjoy Hangman's Hymn. I love the way the new guitarist dresses like a Kabuki on stage.

Must revisit the latest album I saw it getting a lot of praise when it was released, had a quick listen last year and didn't like it.

Damnation back in 2008 is where I saw Sigh. I just had a look at this years lineup and it looks grim the only other decent band on it is Rotten Sound. If Enslaved came over here I coudlnt' see them doing a Viking veldi set it would just be the usual progressive shit with 1 or 2 old songs thrown in.

Got these feom Shane O'Neill way back.

That angle grinder with the sparks bouncing off the ceiling is still one of my top gig memories  :abbath:

A band I've never checked out, in spite of the legacy - where's a good start/is this gonna just be peddling stuff from the new album?

There are a few eras. I'd go Infidel Art, Gallows Gallery and Insomniphobia. There isn't a stinker in their back catalogue so you're pretty safe. Personally I like Imaginary Soniscape the least but loads of people think its their best.

Will they be setting fire to stuff in the Grand Social? They usually burn pictures and such. To be honest that'd give me the willies in such an enclosed and not exactly fire proof setting.

Quote from: hellfire on October 06, 2023, 07:41:44 PMIs the Grand Social big? Never in it.
About the same as the Voodoo was I reckon. It's a decent spot, bar is pretty small though so can take ages to try and get a pint

It's definitely smaller than voodoo. Capacity is 300. Voodoo was 400-450

Most recent album is an absolute banger, looking forward to this!

Quote from: Squigs on October 04, 2023, 10:53:18 AMA band I've never checked out, in spite of the legacy - where's a good start/is this gonna just be peddling stuff from the new album?

Graveward, Infidel Art, In Somniphobia and Imaginary Sonicscape. The last two are a mindfuck altogether

I reckon the best grim what I've heard are Infidel Art, Ghastly Funeral Theater and Imaginary Soniscape (which is absolutely fucking deadly). I'm coming around to Scorn Defeat despite it not being quite as colorful. I picked up the new one and it's grand but not a patch on that earlier stuff for me. Hail Horror Hail is supposed to be deadly so that'll be my next Sigh purchase I reckon.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 30, 2023, 10:10:22 AMI reckon the best grim what I've heard are Infidel Art, Ghastly Funeral Theater and Imaginary Soniscape (which is absolutely fucking deadly). I'm coming around to Scorn Defeat despite it not being quite as colorful. I picked up the new one and it's grand but not a patch on that earlier stuff for me. Hail Horror Hail is supposed to be deadly so that'll be my next Sigh purchase I reckon.

I reckon this is their masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV0z2n-FMyY

I'm dying of a chest infection and half way through a librium detox. If it was any other band I'd stay in bed. It isn't though so I'm there.