Has anyone checked out Laster? Never got around to it so it will be a first time seeing them live.

Dublin was fuckin incredible. What a show. When you first see the lad in a the crazy getup he looks ridiculous. During the show it fits so bloody well.

Laster are this weird Avant Garde thing, ok but not very metal was not in the humour for it.

Sigh were absolutely banging last night, fun to see Averill singing the Venom cover too.

Sigh were fucking class. The Scorn Defeat songs sounded unreal live and I quite liked the new ones too. The Black Metal cover was the icing on the top haha.

What did yous make of the gutiarist miming though? Kinda put a small bit of a dampener on an amazing show but sure look. The whole thing was a real treat

Yeah, the vocal miming was a bit odd - I've never seen that at a show before but considering so much of their stuff needs a backing track for other instruments, they might think having secondary vocals on a backing track is no big deal. It's not like he was trying to make it look particularly authentic either, he'd stop to focus on his playing a lot. I'll forgive him though, as apart from that his whole schtick was very entertaining.

I thought the sound was really good, the bass in particular sounded excellent. And yeah, great cover to finish on. The stuff from Imaginary Sonicscape is what grabbed me, but that is the album I know best, but pretty good set that touched on most of the eras of the band I thought.

Re music gear - no-one was using that vox stack right? I wasn't close enough to see but I assumed the guitarist would be using something like a modeller into the PA, as Sigh strike me as a band who would all over their midi patches considering they're playing to clicks/backing etc. Any idea on the maker of the guitar/bass too? The guitar logo looked a bit like an Aria, but not sure.

I actually haven't been to a gig since before the pandemic so that was a great one to come out of "retirement" for.

Thanks to the train being delayed because of flooding same bullshit excuse for delayed trains the night of EHG I ended up not being able to go because according to the set times I would have seen the last 10 minutes of Sigh. Hopefully it is not another 28 years before they come back.

What was the turn out like? Merch any good? I see Mikannibal is not part of this tour at all.

Here's the one half-decent pic I took. I don't tend to bother beyond a single photo or two

Good crowd there but not rammed - there were still tickets available.

Merch was pretty good - plenty of t-shirt designs and vinyl. I'd say they were well stocked up ahead of Damnation. They actually posted the shirts on the band instagram page if you're curious.

Quote from: mickO))) on November 03, 2023, 11:08:57 AMThanks to the train being delayed because of flooding same bullshit excuse for delayed trains the night of EHG I ended up not being able to go because according to the set times I would have seen the last 10 minutes of Sigh. Hopefully it is not another 28 years before they come back.

What was the turn out like? Merch any good? I see Mikannibal is not part of this tour at all.

Dr. Mikannibal's stage energy was certainly missed but the band were in flying form regardless. They had backing tracks at most of their shows so didn't mind the vocal miming when he had to maintain that crazy level of guitar skill. Great job to whoever did the sound too.

Got one of two (from what I could tell) official '30 Years of Eastern Darkness' shirts at the stand. Deadly art on it but a strangely blurry print:
https://images.app.goo.gl/9tVUiwiQqsLoQpjw9