Original line up playing Scandinavian Death fest in Stockholm,hopefull it leads to a tour!

Poorly kept secret, surprised it's taken this long for them to properly confirm it.

Curious to see the rest of the lineup for that fest though. Never saw Dismember and I have always wanted to go to Sweden sooo.....

Id imagine they'll do Killtown and another few fests,absolutely killer live band.That gig in the place on O'Connell street was mad!,a couple of gigs in The Cruiscin were off the wall too.

Oop, Update: not amazing lineup wise. Interment, Toxaemia (!?!), Sorcery and Unanimated on home soil aside, there's little else grabbing me besides the chance of seeing Demilich again as they were killer in London last year. How do people still like Benediction in 2019??

I dunno about Killtown - I'd say if they were  doing that they'd have been announced earlier to stop people flocking to this.

It's listed on the the death fest poster as being a European exclusive,, hopefully they will do a full tour next year.

An old school set in the Voodoo would be great!

grand, can't wait. have already ticket & accomodation

Jesus would love to see this never taught id see the day they would come back , sold out fast but my god that's an expensive ticket 120 euro for that line-up hardly 5 bands on it id go out of my way to see

Yeah it's a piss poor line up really bar Dismember. Who as pointed out will, I'm sure, do some kind of tour or at least loads of bigger festivals next year if not before. I'd guarantee you Maryland Death Fest and maybe even something like Bloodstock or Hellfest next year.

It's funny how time away can change people's perspective. Dismember's stock and quality of release really took a nosedive after the fourth record or so. I'd still like to see them again myself,  but Dismember were here a few times back in the day and the turnouts were fairly poor. Remember the show at the Gasworks being dire enough and caught them at the "Day Of Darkness" yolk in abbeleix in 2004 where the underwhelming turnout were more interested in skulling cans and taking their knobs out in the car park.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 16, 2019, 11:08:13 AM
It's funny how time away can change people's perspective.
I'd agree with that. I enjoyed both times i saw them. Once in Murrays on O'Connell St and an afternoon gig in the Cruiscin Lan in Cork. Hate Campaign was the last album I listened to loads, really enjoyed what they had going on in that one. I was glad I got to see all of Entombed, Dismember, Grave and Unleashed at various stages of their careers somewhere in Ireland, kinda closed a circle of Swedish death metal for me that I was mad into during the early 90's

#11 January 16, 2019, 11:22:58 AM Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:25:15 AM by Pentagrimes
I don't think I've even bothered with anything after the second album really. And even at that "Stream" is the one I always go back to, that and "Dark Recollections" are the absolute high points  for me of the Swedish stuff. Though given how many bands now are knock offs of these and Carnage/Nihilist/Entombed more power to them in capitalising on the interest.

#12 January 16, 2019, 03:13:59 PM Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:19:43 PM by Paul keohane
Where Iron Crosses Grow,and The God That Never was  are fine releases imo,granted LAEFS is a dm classic theyve been pretty solid throught their career  album wise.

#13 January 16, 2019, 03:16:59 PM Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:20:16 PM by Paul keohane
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 16, 2019, 11:08:13 AM
It's funny how time away can change people's perspective. Dismember's stock and quality of release really took a nosedive after the fourth record or so. I'd still like to see them again myself,  but Dismember were here a few times back in the day and the turnouts were fairly poor. Remember the show at the Gasworks being dire enough and caught them at the "Day Of Darkness" yolk in abbeleix in 2004 where the underwhelming turnout were more interested in skulling cans and taking their knobs out in the car park.
was the gig in the Gasworks that poorly attended?,i cant remember much now but it never jumped out at me that it was.

Seen them nearly every time they played in Ireland class live , for me a band who never got the credit they deserved first few albums unreal classics for sure and the rest of the albums are rock solid ,  hopefully they come back and get the credit they deserve , estby and blomquist are some musicians