I take it back. Pro move. Just be sure to crack the spines.

I but them pre-broke in op shops. I know what I'm doing.

Denis Wheatley - The Devil Rides Out

Really enjoying East of Eden, I hadn't read anything in ages. Good call from the boyz back a page.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on September 27, 2022, 12:07:17 PMDenis Wheatley - The Devil Rides Out

Used to love sneaking Wheatley's books from my Mum's collection as a young kid
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Just nuzzling into Madhouse At The End Of The Earth by Julian Sancton now. Can't remember who recommended it here (McLovin?) last year but it's about time I dusted it off and got into it. Only 20 odd pages in yet so still very early days.

Haven't looked at a book in a while, been working through my pile of Empire back issues while drinking myself stupid the last month or so. Could do with getting out of that funk...

Yep, it was me.

I finished Lessons by Ian McEwan last night. Great read. Back into The Princess Bride tonight so  8)

Baader-Meinhof by Stefan Aust. 

Just finished re-reading Naomis Room by Jonathon Aycliffe.
This is the only book that has ever genuinely scared me and it was still as good the second time around.
It's nice and short too at only 220 pages long and the ending is one of the darkest endings ive read in a ghost story.
Highly recommended.

Biographies of Parnell and Lemass
The Third Chimpanzee
How The Irish Became White

Currently getting through Dune and quite enjoying it. Bit mad I'm only getting around to reading this now.

I gave up on it. I still have it beside the bed (along with Emma- woeful shite) but all the books around it are getting devoured while those two are gathering dust.

Finished David Simon's "Homicide" - really worth the time. At points grim, sad, disturbing and occasionally hilarious - the writing is magnificent throughout.

It made me miss real journalism. There are only a few working at this level today - mainly sports writers.

I have Simon's other book "The Corner" on the shelf but I need a break from Baltimore for a bit.

To that end - picked up Charles Bukowski's "Post Office" and also "Hollywood". Never read any Bukowski.

Started with "Post Office" last night and I'm burning through it.

River out of Eden by Richard Dawkins.

I bought a giant hardback tome of Lovecraft stories with a forward by Alan Moore for $55. A bargain.