Quote from: Necro Red on August 05, 2022, 10:12:51 AMBeen on a biography buzz the last while reading the Obituary biography Turned Inside Out, Rust In Peace bio and halfway through the Maiden one now. All quite good, maiden one is the most in depth I find. Mick Wall is fairly meticulous with his research

Just finished Mick walls AC/DC book, "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be", there meself a few days ago. Great fucking read alltogether. I'm currently toying with the idea of reading the Dave Mustaine biography (or is it an autobiography?), "Hello ME, Meet The Real Me", but I'm a bit hesitant as I'm afraid it might make me dislike Mustaine even more than I do currently, which could ruin my enjoyment of the few Megadeth albums I like.

Nah, read it years ago and It didn't make me dislike him more ha ha. There is a bit of tough guy talk in it, but decent for the most part. Especially if you like the band

Quote from: Necro Red on August 22, 2022, 10:09:35 AMNah, read it years ago and It didn't make me dislike him more ha ha. There is a bit of tough guy talk in it, but decent for the most part. Especially if you like the band

Half way through Mustaines book at the moment. Funny to read in the context of 'Junior' Ellefson gettingthesack.  He's mentioned his black belt about 5 times so far.  Not a bad read for background on the first albums.  Dave thinks he improved the artwork on the "Killing..." reissue.

I finished The Hunchback of Notre Dame last night. It was mostly very enjoyable.

Tonight I started into The Princess Bride by William Goldman.

Currently reading (and slightly struggling with) David Simon's "Homicide - A Year On The Killing Streets".

My struggle with the book comes not from the fact that it's not good. It's just very, VERY long.

Finally got around to finishing off the Dune books, think if it wasn't for the very final chapter it would have been a great ending, but I don't see myself going back to them other than the first three for a while. The last three were OK but became a bit of a slog

Picked up a few Terry Pratchett I hadn't got for something a bit lighter

I read Roger Moors Last man standing last week. He is a very funny fucker, I would recommend this and his autobiography. They are very well written and will have you laughing a lot. I finished The Trial by Kafka yesterday and wasn't blown away to be honest. I enjoyed it for the most part, but found it dragged a good bit. On to Eric Idle's book now which is decent so far. I need a laugh after The Trial ha ha

I picked up Lessons, the new Ian McEwan today. Been looking forward to this for months and it's a biggie. 500 odd pages. He usually doesn't run that long but it works for me. Everything else is on hold while I immerse myself  8)

East of Eden by Steinbeck. Really enjoying this, also loved Grapes of Wrath.

Quote from: Don Gately on September 22, 2022, 01:29:31 PMEast of Eden by Steinbeck. Really enjoying this, also loved Grapes of Wrath.

Have that on the shelf for years, never bothered reading it. Must dust it off.

East of Eden and Grapes of Wrath are de bizniz.

I picked up The Last of the Mohicans and Macbeth both by, I think,  Maeve Binchy in an op shop this morning, along with a tape of Mozart symphonies, for $3.70  8)

Daniel Day Lewis wrote Laundrette of the Mohicans ya cultureless clown.

Hey, I can't even read.  I just put them on the shelf in case I ever have a visitor.