Quote from: Emphyrio on September 18, 2024, 06:51:44 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on September 18, 2024, 05:54:35 PMhttps://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2024/0918/1470731-man-refused-bail-court/

This will add fuel to the fire.

The explanation looks like it could actually be innocent, given that he returned the child at the time.

A chap in town here who is a known pervert was helping a kid who'd lost their mother in tesco one day and when he was seen going around the shop with the kid the mother called the gardai and said he was making off with the child which he wasn't

I have been in some states over the years after a night out as has most on here but it never even entered my head to pick up a strangers child and run off with it. Even if he isn't a predator what a stupid, dangerous and irresponsible thing to do for so many different reasons. I am sure most perverts have an explanation ready for if they get caught. He seems to have returned the child after the child's brother chased after them. I haven't seen the video yet but I think it is doing the rounds.

Judge refused him bail so either he is a major flight risk or more evidence exists that hasn't been made public yet. I wonder why the district court imposed reporting restrictions on his name and even stranger to see the likes of RTE fighting to have that restriction lifted.

The courts will usually impose reporting restrictions on the identity of suspects where the injured party is a juvenile. The rationale for this is that identifying the suspect may run the risk of identifying the juvenile as a consequence. In this case, legal representatives for the press successfully argued that there was no such risk, hence the lifting. But yeah, I've been in some states over the years and it didn't really cross my mind to run off with a strangers child. Not a great defence to be fair but that's the odd world that is criminal law, a defence solicitor is obliged to act on the instructions of their client and if that's what he's maintaining, well...

Yeah I haven't ran off with any kids either when I was poisoned but I did put a young lad head first into a bin once, after he'd spat on me. I wasn't locked for that though and was also only about 15 myself and it was the nineties as well so I suppose it's a bit different

Sexual assault victim's horror as attacker gets €5k from Aldi for unfair dismissal

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/sexual-assault-victims-horror-as-attacker-gets-5k-from-aldi-for-unfair-dismissal/a1823405068.html

First off, yes it's coming from a tabloid but this is pretty fucking mental. Long story short, lad pleads guilty to sexual assault in the district courts and gets conviction. His employer, Aldi, finds out and sacks him. Brings a case to the WRC and they find that employer acted disproportionately in sacking him, and award him 5K. Now 5k is a drop in the ocean to Aldi, and the amount itself is not so much of an issue rather than the extremely worrying precedent it potentially sets for employers in similar situations. Fuck me, utter madness.

Without reading that link, IIRC the issue was that he told his immediate supervisor first day after conviction and that supervisor accepted the situation.

However when other Aldi management found out they tried to say he hid the conviction and so could fire him.

That wasn't true so they messed up by not being consistent, while the judge cut the award by 50% as the criminal contributed to the issue. Yer man ensuring his name is linked to the crime forever more now anyway by greedily going after this award.

Quote from: Snare on September 23, 2024, 11:58:26 PMWithout reading that link, IIRC the issue was that he told his immediate supervisor first day after conviction and that supervisor accepted the situation.

However when other Aldi management found out they tried to say he hid the conviction and so could fire him.

That wasn't true so they messed up by not being consistent, while the judge cut the award by 50% as the criminal contributed to the issue. Yer man ensuring his name is linked to the crime forever more now anyway by greedily going after this award.

Yeah all that but why not the register for the sex offender? Silly stuff in one way but if one doesn't believe in rehabilitation for crimes then what does one believe in?

Quote from: DISRUPTER on July 02, 2024, 05:11:41 PMhttps://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0702/1457751-neno-dolmajian/

He died, lads. The poor man died after being attacked by 2 absolute low life scumbags. Desperate. RIP Neno Dolmajian

Is Dublin city really this bad nowadays? I remember it being rough back in the day but I keep reading awful stories like this. RIP.

Anyone see the Applegreen St Margaret's video doing the rounds. Absolutely brutal. Proof (not that it's needed) the place is lawless and scrotes literally have no fear. There's dozens more videos like this one but the brutality is next level. Very few sentences or legal repercussions arising from most of these things.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on October 01, 2024, 06:20:44 PMAnyone see the Applegreen St Margaret's video doing the rounds. Absolutely brutal. Proof (not that it's needed) the place is lawless and scrotes literally have no fear. There's dozens more videos like this one but the brutality is next level. Very few sentences or legal repercussions arising from most of these things.

What was going on there? I didn't see a thing about it

#535 October 01, 2024, 08:47:15 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 08:51:19 PM by Pagan Saviour
Pretty brutal I have to reiterate

Not sure if that's the full video, seen a longer version first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFreakouts/comments/1ft9v1j/guy_gets_whacked_with_a_hurling_stick_at/

Not everywhere is covering it but it is being covered

https://extra.ie/2024/10/01/news/irish-news/teenager-attacked-hurl

Oooffff that's an awful slap you could do a lad like that. And yeah whoever that was will likely face nothing in terms of jail time like his previous 200 offences

Can't see it there as you have to have the app but I'm probably better off. Scumbag behaviour.

Ah yeah it's just a wanker doing another lad with a hurley. No idea if the lad getting it deserved it or not but it's a scabby slap and also denigrated our national game

Just in respect to that link, that seems to be a different version. The original I seen hadn't been sped up and was a good bit longer. You can see the victim convulsing. Don't know how he survived that to be honest. Must be some long lasting damage after receiving blows like that.