Can't find any of the previous reports to hand but I'd imagine some of those have suspects already. I don't think a serial killer is on the cards tbh. But undoubtedly there is a worrying trend of violence towards women, on both sides of the border.

I can't place the other articles myself but the women are indeed all in and around the same age bracket. As you say - it is a worrying trend and 4 in six weeks is unprecedented.

Quote from: John Kimble on October 08, 2024, 12:47:21 PMCan't find any of the previous reports to hand but I'd imagine some of those have suspects already. I don't think a serial killer is on the cards tbh. But undoubtedly there is a worrying trend of violence towards women, on both sides of the border.

maybe going off on a tangent here, but do you think serial killers from decades ago are going to be things of the past? It's just with so much CCTV, DNA, being easy to track by your phone etc, you couldnt really get a high body count like Peter Sutcliff got before getting caught.
Not that's a bad thing before anyone thinks im a bit dodgy.

#544 October 08, 2024, 02:01:56 PM Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 02:03:58 PM by mickO)))
Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on October 08, 2024, 01:22:49 PMmaybe going off on a tangent here, but do you think serial killers from decades ago are going to be things of the past? It's just with so much CCTV, DNA, being easy to track by your phone etc, you couldnt really get a high body count like Peter Sutcliff got before getting caught.
Not that's a bad thing before anyone thinks im a bit dodgy.

No sure a few recently caught over the last few years in the US and when I lived in Toronto the gay serial killer Bruce McArthur was caught. They also suspect a number of serial killers are currently active in the US right now.

RTÉ have a piece on it now. John Kimble you're right, there's a suspect in each of the other cases. All seem to be known to the victims. I'd totally missed that so regret my knee jerk speculation. Scary stuff all the same.

Mary ward had apparently reported someone for violent behaviour a few weeks ago

Some good news - Judge Martin Nolan will be tied up with a BOI case for the next 5 weeks  :)
Ex rugby player Mullins and BOI employee up for stealing €500k from them, so he might be left off scott-free because Nolan enjoyed some of his appearances in the green jersey...

Hmm, dunno about that. Nolan doesn't put much weight on violent or sexual crime but if a state body or financial institution is the injured party, well, he tends to take a harder stance. remember the lad he tried to put away for 6 years for not paying import duty on garlic?