Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 27, 2023, 11:15:13 AMWinterfellyth is a great choice I think, they always deliver the goods. Really looking forward to it now.

On the ticketing side thought it would sell straight out but seems to be plenty of good seats/standing available. Better to have the tickets in the bag all the same
Same, quite surprised at that, but that's purely my own expectations and nothing to do with the success of the gig.

Nice reality check that for all the mythological trappings of a band like Emperor and how meme ready and hip the whole kvlt thing is now with a lot of young metalheads, it's still at the end of the day a very niche band playing in a tiny country with an active but very much capped scene.

Lads this will sell out. Just because it didn't in its first day doesn't mean it won't and pretty quickly too I'd say. What is capacity?

#122 February 27, 2023, 01:42:46 PM Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 01:56:28 PM by Pagan Saviour

One could argue Emperor have already sold out -  :laugh:

Picked up some tickets in Sound Cellar this morning, said I was the first one in looking for them. Reckon it'll still sell out but I guess there's not the rush I thought there might be

got 2 standing. Agree it will sell out so it's best to move quickly anyway.
Winterfellyth are a good band, so I'm happy with that. Saw them last year in Opium, was a good gig (not well attended though)

My goodness I cannot wait for this. In relation to their albums the early ones will always have my attention whereas I could take or leave the last few.

I always found that the synth/keyboard elements really added to the atmosphere on the early albums whereas later they were surplus to requirements.

Like all 4 albums are an incredible high standard.As someone mentioned a few pages back,it was probably a good thing they never recorded anything after!.

When In the Nightside came out I remember lads blown away by the album.I was firmly in a Death metal bubble at that point,I dont think I appreciated it like others.I think thats why I swayed towards the albums that came after.

I've jumped between Anthems and Equilibrium for years as to which is my favourite.

I love Promotheus too,the chunkier DM edge to it,was a big fan of Zyklon bavk then too;

I have basically never listened to Emperor but bought Ihsahn's first three solo albums on CD years ago when they came out and I listened to them a lot. I started with After after listening to it on a metal hammer CD :abbath:

I've always meant to listen to the Emperor albums but just never gotten around to it so am glad this is a year away.

Seen the instagram post saying tickets for this 70% sold out already.

Went to get one and standing is €73.15?!

Can someone explain what that price is about? The same show in Glasgow is £55 (I think even £55 is too much by the way).

Was Mayhem not €30? A similar 'calibre' band.

I guess it's €65 for a standing ticket because that's what people are willing to pay. You said it yourself it's 70% sold after a couple of days.

Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMWent to get one and standing is €73.15?!

Can someone explain what that price is about? The same show in Glasgow is £55 (I think even £55 is too much by the way).

They're €65 plus whatever Ticketmaster take on top. £55 is €63.

Jesus fucking Christ I forgot I got paid and can buy my ticket right now. Lovely.

#132 February 28, 2023, 05:58:09 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 06:00:31 PM by A.A.P
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 28, 2023, 05:36:00 PM
Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMWent to get one and standing is €73.15?!

They're €65 plus whatever Ticketmaster take on top. £55 is €63.

I guess your're right about the conversion and fees. It's priced me out anyway. I'm not used to paying that for any metal band other than the likes of Maiden maybe or a festival.

Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMWas Mayhem not €30? A similar 'calibre' band.
Mayhem nowhere near Emperor in terms of popularity,both bands might have come out of the first wave of BM etc.But Emperor streets ahead in terms.of out output imo,Mayhem living on reputation more than anything else.

Quote from: ochoill on February 24, 2023, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 24, 2023, 04:59:17 PMThis better not sell out before I can score tickets next Tuesday
Can't get them meself until next month so in even worse panic lol

That's fixed.

Yup I'm in!!