I downloaded the solo stuff last night. I checked out the album with the red cover years ago and I remember thinking it was decent. Like others I do really like Prometheus but anything further into that style would not be my type of thing.

Not sure if it is still available but the label that did the recent tape box was selling off the book that came with it separately. I pulled the book out again this morning and it is great full of interviews even ones from 2022, loads of rare photos from every era and it has the lyrics for all of the full lengths.  It is well worth buying if anyone comes across it.

It's not overly dissimilar to IX (which I've just listened to in full), though a bit more technically intense in places, and minus the soaring falsetto stuff. Personally, I wouldn't change a note of Prometheus, there's something about it I just can't get enough of.

I absolutely love Prometheus as well. Had a good revisit last year or the year before for a few weeks. That and Dusk and Her Embrace on rotation. Both exceptional.

#93 February 25, 2023, 01:45:07 PM Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:10:16 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 25, 2023, 11:21:10 AMI haven't heard a single note of Prometheus. Maybe I'll give it a go at some point.

I think it's fuckin great anyway. Small bit too long but that's nitpicking

Edit: have it on now yeah it's still class

Quote from: mickO))) on February 25, 2023, 10:49:38 AMVicar Street is smaller than the Olympia. Nightside is the best for me but I have already heard everything from it live so would definitely prefer the Anthems show. I just hope they play Wrath of the Tyrant as well. Would really like to hear songs like Empty or the Eruption live but that will never happen.

I have the recent reissues as well they are very well done the only downside is they are very expensive.
That's a great track and I don't know why they don't play it more often live.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 25, 2023, 09:34:13 AMHigh frequencies that are difficult to cut become mid frequencies at half speed improving the cut and sound of the finished vinyl

This video explains better than I could

https://www.yoursoundmatters.com/what-is-half-speed-mastering/

Cool

Quote from: hellfire on February 25, 2023, 11:33:58 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 25, 2023, 11:21:10 AMI haven't heard a single note of Prometheus. Maybe I'll give it a go at some point.

I love it but I'm very much in the minority of people who do.
Prometheus is probably my favourite Emperor album, absolutely top class.

Can you buy standing tickets on Presale? ,i can only see circle and a Row H and J,is that standing or what??(I havent read the thread)

That's seating dude, standing will come up as such

Quote from: open face surgery on February 25, 2023, 01:42:53 PMI absolutely love Prometheus as well. Had a good revisit last year or the year before for a few weeks. That and Dusk and Her Embrace on rotation. Both exceptional.

Prometheus and Dusk, what a strange combination Matt.  :laugh:

But here, a lot of this is about what you were into in your formative years. I love Anthems as it was near enough my first BM album around 97/98 along with Dusk and Cruelty by COF. Huge soft spots for those to this day. When IX came out I was reluctantly disappointed. By the time Prometheus came out I was grown up enough to admit to myself I didn't like it and the magic was gone.

By comparison I have older pals who only like Emperor EP/Wrath and just about Nightside. Hate Anthems. They lived through the decline of the 2nd wave post Euronymous so have an entirely different perspective.

It's mad how divisive Emperor are in the underground today. A band at the centre of the 2nd wave explosion but somehow regarded today as sort of safe or even semi mainstream.

I suppose when I think back Emperor were a regular in metal hammer and the mainstream press whereas Darkthrone or Mayhem would barely get a mention. I wonder how that was?

Give me the last 3 Emperor albums over the early releases any day,same with Enslaved and Immortal,their mid period output  superior to the early releases imo.

I get the first wave on BM was something special,but a lot of it was pish and overrated too.

Quote from: Paul keohane on February 25, 2023, 09:33:00 PMGive me the last 3 Emperor albums over the early releases any day,same with Enslaved and Immortal,their mid period output  superior to the early releases imo.

I get the first wave on BM was something special,but a lot of it was pish and overrated too.

By the last 3 albums are counting out Nightside Eclipse?? That's nuts!
And with Immortal are you counting out Battles In The North?
Be still my beating heart.

In the night side eclipse is a great album,but i find myself reaching for the other 3 always.

At the heart of winter and SOND are peak Immortal for me.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 25, 2023, 09:34:13 AMHigh frequencies that are difficult to cut become mid frequencies at half speed improving the cut and sound of the finished vinyl

This video explains better than I could

https://www.yoursoundmatters.com/what-is-half-speed-mastering/

Thanks lad. I might just pick those up

Only downside with half speed vinyls is having to flip the record more often!