was thinking recently might start watching all the Planet of the Apes with the wee fella, starting with the original. I haven't seen them all, but there are some proper daycent movies in the more recent ones too.

I have the original series of films on DVD, been meaning to do the same for a while. It was a Sunday afternoon tradition when I was a kid, watching them when the annual showings were on. Plonked at the coffee table eating spaghetti bolognese with a big glass of milk.

They'll love them.

Just watched Jackie Brown. Great film. Definitely one of the best Tarantinos along with KBV1 and OUATIH.

Quote from: Cosmic_Equilibrium on May 28, 2024, 07:32:19 PMJust watched Jackie Brown. Great film. Definitely one of the best Tarantinos along with KBV1 and OUATIH.

All you need from Tarantino IMO is Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. At a push maybe From Dusk Till Dawn. That's about it though, the rest ? Meh.

Reservoir Dogs is a lot of snappy dialogue for the sake of it - not that impressive a film. Pulp Fiction IS as good as people claim but I got fed up with people quoting it and thinking it made them some sort of genius.

I weirdly can't find a copy of Nightmare on Elm Street without audio sync issues. I think they're all torrented from the same Blu-ray edition that there's known issues with.

I'm gonna do sonething unheard of and agree with Cosmic Equilibrium - Kill Bill Volume 1 is my favourite Tarantino fillum.

I know he didn't claim it as such but he rated it highly - and yes, as good as Reservoir Dogs is, it's overrated. I still rate it highly, but it's not his best.

Quote from: Mithrandir on May 29, 2024, 12:05:41 AMI weirdly can't find a copy of Nightmare on Elm Street without audio sync issues. I think they're all torrented from the same Blu-ray edition that there's known issues with.

Try for the webrips or dvd as opposed to a Blu ray rip.

The first NOES is getting a 4k remaster later this year.

Quote from: Carnage on May 29, 2024, 01:20:19 AMI'm gonna do sonething unheard of and agree with Cosmic Equilibrium - Kill Bill Volume 1 is my favourite Tarantino fillum.

I know he didn't claim it as such but he rated it highly - and yes, as good as Reservoir Dogs is, it's overrated. I still rate it highly, but it's not his best.

On a Tarantino binge too at the moment.
Think Kill Bill Vol. 2 is the weakest as he slammed the brakes a bit too hard in terms of his pacing as his stuff never feels like a chore to watch, still a great movie though.

Jackie Brown is still his strongest as he got Elmore Leonard right, which is pretty tough to do but his own additions blended perfectly with it.

Watched The Hateful 8 last night and it's aged really well.

Quote from: jobrok1 on May 27, 2024, 03:56:48 PMAs fart as I'm aware...

This is cracking me up more than it should.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on May 29, 2024, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: Carnage on May 29, 2024, 01:20:19 AMI'm gonna do sonething unheard of and agree with Cosmic Equilibrium - Kill Bill Volume 1 is my favourite Tarantino fillum.

On a Tarantino binge too at the moment.
Think Kill Bill Vol. 2 is the weakest as he slammed the brakes a bit too hard in terms of his pacing as his stuff never feels like a chore to watch, still a great movie though.

Jackie Brown is still his strongest as he got Elmore Leonard right, which is pretty tough to do but his own additions blended perfectly with it.

Watched The Hateful 8 last night and it's aged really well.

I like the hateful 8 as to me it's really a play.

Yeah, definitely has that vibe.

Quote from: Mithrandir on May 13, 2024, 08:33:17 PMWent to see the fall guy yesterday off sick from work after getting a glowing review from a friend - Well I should have listened to my gut, what an absolute load of shite. We almost left twice it was so bad. It encapsulates everything that's wrong with modern cinema. And please, I'm begging, no more classic rock soundtracks.

I had this movie in my head because of your review here. By some kind of sick Streisand effect it popped into my head this evening when herself asked if we could watch something light cos she's down with flu. Now I wish I'd never heard of it  :laugh: Who is it even marketed at? The relationship scenes were like something ChatGPT would spit out if asked to write dialogue in the style of Richard fucking Curtis. And then the characters even started referencing his movies  :-X  I'll be down the pharmacy for the Lemsip Max first thing tomorrow morning.

Watched The Handovers with Paul Giamatti. Same guy who directed Sideways. Really good flick with a savage script but about half an hour too long.