Famine Rambo = Fambo. Must give it another go. Enjoyed it.

Went to see Dune part 2 in IMAX last night and holy shit, I'm struggling to find words for just how good it was. Phenomenal cinema experience, can't recommend seeing it in IMAX any more.

IMAX eh? 🤔 I haven't gotten to it yet so there's an idea for next week.

Black 47 was a bit boring, I thought. I feel I'm going to be lynched for that opinion. Or Lankumed at least.

Watched Death Race 2000 last night, absolutely loved it. Exploitation kind of film from the 70s. Had that real Robocop/Starship Troopers/Running Man satire vibe about it (and probably influenced those films, along with Cannonball Run). You know when people are driving and they joke, "200 points if you hit the granny/child/whomever!", this film is the reference. Has David Carradine, and Sly Stallone in his first film. Basically the film version of how we all play Grand Theft Auto driving around when we're not doing the missions  :laugh:  It's Roger Corman, so if you're a fan of him you should know what you're in for.

A classic and a must-see alright  :abbath:

#4117 March 15, 2024, 10:52:25 PM Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 10:59:51 PM by leatherface
The Game (97?) : Almost forgotten David Fincher movie that shouldn't be forgotten ( Alien 3 should be) but the conclusion seems rushed or not thought through, apart from that, fantastic.

Con Air:  odd choices of characters /dialogue for this kind of movie, not great though entertaining enough.

Quote from: leatherface on March 15, 2024, 10:52:25 PMThe Game (97?) : Almost forgotten David Fincher movie that shouldn't be forgotten ( Alien 3 should be) but the conclusion seems rushed or not thought through, apart from that, fantastic.

Con Air:  odd choices of characters /dialogue for this kind of movie, not great though entertaining enough.

They're showing Con Air at my local indie cinema next week. Don't think I can bring myself to go though, overwatched the shit out of it as a teen and I think I'd find it too dumb now. Did recently enjoy The Rock though...

The Game is a great watch. Though I also think Alien 3 is pretty great too, so  :laugh:

I saw The Game at the time and thought it was only OK. I've loved AlienĀ³ from the off, despite all of its (many) flaws. The extended cut is a vastly superior film, seriously overrated.

The Game is a great film.

Quote from: Mooncat on March 15, 2024, 04:04:01 PMWatched Death Race 2000 last night, absolutely loved it. Exploitation kind of film from the 70s. Had that real Robocop/Starship Troopers/Running Man satire vibe about it (and probably influenced those films, along with Cannonball Run). You know when people are driving and they joke, "200 points if you hit the granny/child/whomever!", this film is the reference. Has David Carradine, and Sly Stallone in his first film. Basically the film version of how we all play Grand Theft Auto driving around when we're not doing the missions  :laugh:  It's Roger Corman, so if you're a fan of him you should know what you're in for.

Ahhh it's such a great film!Total entertainment. I think there was a remake of it at somestage which i have no wish to see, ever.

Housesitting for a friend who has Amazon Prime at the moment, and started watching "Dublin Crust". Had to switch it off after about 35 minutes. Jesus. Absolutely woeful. It's like "The Commitments" for people who think the Thomas House is the epicentre of cool.

Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2024, 02:00:27 AMI saw The Game at the time and thought it was only OK. I've loved AlienĀ³ from the off, despite all of its (many) flaws. The extended cut is a vastly superior film, seriously overrated.

Alien 3 is great and yeah it has a few issues but it's still seriously entertaining. Haven't seen the extended cut but did recently watch the extended cut of Aliens and it's like a different film

Just found out today, they've turned The Fall Guy into a film that's coming out in May that's "loosely based on the series". So there'll be a character called Colt Seavers, his pick up truck, and probably no Howie.  :laugh:

Wonder how long before we get Airwolf: The Motion Picture?