Joe Kidd tonight. One of Clint Eastwood's lesser than known gems.

Quote from: astfgyl on February 17, 2024, 05:48:59 PM
Quote from: DJ Sniffles on February 17, 2024, 04:47:49 PMguys I just watched Full Metal Jacket I've been meaning to for a while now it was very funny but the second half was kinda slow and boring a little but ya good movie!

:sniffles:

Ah jaysus lad. Giving away the fact that you're about 12 there

bro it's such an old movie what do you meeeeean :,D
Turntables go eeeeeera era era

also guys I watched house of 1000 corpses this morning awesome film!

:sniffles:
Turntables go eeeeeera era era

Quote from: Mooncat on February 15, 2024, 04:28:32 PMLast Voyage of the Demeter. It was ok. I found I was mainly engaged the whole way through and at times it created a nice atmosphere. As usual with modern films the use of CGI somewhat killed it. Dracula just looked like a cheap cartoon character, or a monster from a Playstation cut scene, and I also hate the modern trend of using CGI for injuries to people and blood, which looks super fake. Annoying child actor alert as well (and mainly dodgy acting across the board, aside from Liam Cunningham who is basically playing Davos). Still glad to see something a little different coming out though, even if it still technically counts as a remake/reboot. Very much doubt we'll get the sequel it sets itself up for, apparently it flopped quite hard.

Awful shite. Just awful.

All this Verhoeven talk, watched Robocop for first time in maybe 20 years tonight. Still such a great film, so well made and directed, the universe building throughout is just perfect.

Watch RoboDoc if you haven't, excellent stuff all round.

Oh shit yeah, I forgot that was being talked about on here recently. Good call, cheers.

Only watched first half of first ep, but man this is a great documentary! Looking forward to chipping away at it.

It's fairly extensive without being overly technical or mired in detail. I think every scene is covered and the anecdotes are generally good for a laugh. I'm a sucker for 'making of' documentaries anyway but this one was particularly enjoyable.

Quote from: Carnage on February 19, 2024, 09:39:39 AMIt's fairly extensive without being overly technical or mired in detail. I think every scene is covered and the anecdotes are generally good for a laugh. I'm a sucker for 'making of' documentaries anyway but this one was particularly enjoyable.

Where can one watch "RoboDoc"? Can't find it on Netflix, etc.

I downloaded it when it came out TBH, I think it's on HDtoday. Amazon probably have it to rent/buy.

"The Hustler" - not bad, realised that I had never seen "The Color Of Money" - one of the few Scorsese films that passed me by so I watched "The Hustler" followed by the sequel. Both are good but I'd never watch again.

"25th Hour" - very solid piece of work by the hit-and-miss Spike Lee. Again, never got around to it til now.

Quote from: Carnage on February 19, 2024, 01:57:12 PMI downloaded it when it came out TBH, I think it's on HDtoday. Amazon probably have it to rent/buy.

Ah right. I'll dig it out from somewhere then.

Sound.

Not on HDtoday, checked there. It's out on blu ray, which I might pick up.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on February 19, 2024, 02:03:40 PM"The Hustler" - not bad, realised that I had never seen "The Color Of Money" - one of the few Scorsese films that passed me by so I watched "The Hustler" followed by the sequel. Both are good but I'd never watch again.

"25th Hour" - very solid piece of work by the hit-and-miss Spike Lee. Again, never got around to it til now.

25th Hour is superb. One of those random picks from Xtra Vision when I was working there 20 years ago. Such a simple and brilliant little story. I must look at it again.