We should run bets, what date will the Facebook be updated with the official cancelation details. I mean actual cancelation, not updates about logistic problems, unforseen costs, band pullouts etc. I'm talking the actual plug being pulled.

Gonna go with May 17th. Close enough to make it seem like an honest effort was made, far enough away that it seems like they're getting out before the start ti really lose cash.

Is this the PhilFest fella or was that someone else entirely? What year was that first one? There has been so many "attempts" at this carry on.

#47 September 19, 2023, 02:40:27 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 02:43:02 PM by ochoill
Quote from: Squigs on September 19, 2023, 02:36:16 PMIs this the PhilFest fella or was that someone else entirely? What year was that first one? There has been so many "attempts" at this carry on.
Same lad.  Philfest, whatever iterations of it.  Also Sonic Circus, also Iron Mountain (both also cancelled).

Have been sent this by so many people today, my favourite parts being the announcement posts saying they already have the jacks and insurance waivers ready, with a close second being telling a lad in the comments they'll have someone with a car there to run you to the hospital if you need it.

He was reviewing irish releases there with another lad on FB for a good while and should just stick with that instead, the two lads do a good go over everything that comes out, but no earthly way should he be running gigs.

Yeah that's a fair assessment. He obviously wants to contribute something, which is great so stick to what you're capable of.

Ah for fuck sake! Those are the exact dates that I had intended to put my imaginary metal festival on next year.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on September 19, 2023, 02:58:26 PMAh for fuck sake! Those are the exact dates that I had intended to put my imaginary metal festival on next year.
:laugh:

No public liability, but a signed waiver...Jesus fucking christ

I worked in insurance for years, he's setting himself or the landowner, or both, for a lawsuit that would financially cripple him. Maybe that's what he needs to happen at this point to make him realise he's no idea what he's doing

A festival announcement on how the promoter intends to lose money holding a 2 day event in the middle of nowhere, with free entry as long as you sign an insurance waiver cause they can't afford to pay for it, and 3 grand is as high as they can go, is brilliant marketing in fairness.

This is also a good draw for any bands thinking of piling into a van and getting lost for a few hours before finding the remote location in Roscommon where this is conveniently being hosted.

Haha the Facebook comments a great read.I nearly have anxiety for the fella!,Imgine drawing this on yourself! :laugh:

Id say the lad who owns the land has no idea whats going on!,wait until  fibbers on tour arrive in his back garden coked out of it!. 'Sign the waiver there please lads'

Scrolled Facebook earlier, came here, no disappointment.  :abbath:

Ah, these are the threads I missed from the old site! Now if only Shocktopus and Pagan Riot were reforming....

Same time as Rory G fest if I'm correct, not like there would be an overlap.