Quote from: Floss on February 26, 2019, 09:25:49 PM
Varg gives his thoughts

https://youtu.be/_SLWWMw4AxQ
Only just watched this clip now,hes making a bit of big deal about the lies in the movie ,but the only apparent inaccuracies hes focusing on is weather  Euronymous had a girlfriend and if he cut his hair?.

He goes through loads of them in other videos. He even made a list as people asked him about this and that element, since he hasn't watched it himself.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 09, 2019, 02:48:08 PM
He goes through loads of them in other videos. He even made a list as people asked him about this and that element, since he hasn't watched it himself.
ah fair enough.

I picked up the Lords of Chaos book. What's the general consensus on this, is it as divisive as the film? 

Quote from: Juggz on April 09, 2019, 09:07:01 PM
I picked up the Lords of Chaos book. What's the general consensus on this, is it as divisive as the film?

Now its been around 20 years since I read it but from what I recall it was a great read. very engrossing and full of info that I wasn't getting from Kerrranng at the time  :laugh:

Certainly better than the movie :abbath:

Defo better than the movie  ;)
Its been about 20 years since I've read it myself but I recall it being a good read. The main problem that people have with it is that its not so much a book about Norwegian BM as it is more about occult themed crimes in general, even the name references a group of American kids with no connection to BM. It's also fairly responsible for reinforcing the myths created about the whole Norwegian scene with its tabloid style sensationalism. I think Varg and others have stated they were misquoted, nothing new there!
If you want a book about Black Metal I'd recommend Cult Never Dies by Dayal Patterson.  :abbath:

CND outs cool but it's more of an expanded zine covering the  wider BM phenomenon.  LoC was enjoyable.  Lots of hate for it but I found it interesting.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on April 10, 2019, 08:45:03 AM

If you want a book about Black Metal I'd recommend Cult Never Dies by Dayal Patterson.  :abbath:

Yeah i really enjoyed it, must revisit it. Regards Lord of Chaos the book, read it years ago and as far as i remember i did enjoy it but i do remember skipping alot of pages regarding Varg talking sh1te.

a worthwhile buy also is -> METALION: The Slayer Mag Diaries, by Jon Metalion Kristiansen

Looks like someone may have found the film inspirational
https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/holden-matthews/

Quote from: Weltenfeind on April 11, 2019, 07:20:25 PM
Looks like someone may have found the film inspirational
https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/holden-matthews/

:laugh: :laugh: i wonder after he gets out will he kill anyone in his band :  "Vodka Vultures" haha what a name !

#190 April 13, 2019, 12:08:37 AM Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 12:55:33 AM by Weltenfeind
I was just looking at my bookshelf and I realised that when  I recommended Cult Never Dies, I actually meant to recommend Black Metal : Evolution of the Cult by Dayal Patterson.
Metalion :The Slayer Mag Diaries is a great read too.

There was a book about black metal a few years back with a great front cover of a fantastic snatch, what was the album or book ?