I was interested until 1.12, then it shit the bed...a plodding mess of a song..

What the fuck was that solo? That's warming up on a hangover level playing, not a solo for an album!

My goodness this band could live and tour off of their existing discography for the rest of their lives yet they still embarrass themselves with this midlife "let's get the band back to together" crisis dad muck. They just happened to create 4 incredible albums and fall off a cliff.

has anyone seen this? I think playing like this really suits the band these days instead of doing the metal mid life thing. I'd love if they did a tour of this kind playing covers instead of banging out Enter Sandman and all the new stuff nobody cares about. Maybe just me?

Quote from: Necro Red on March 03, 2023, 10:17:43 AM
has anyone seen this? I think playing like this really suits the band these days instead of doing the metal mid life thing. I'd love if they did a tour of this kind playing covers instead of banging out Enter Sandman and all the new stuff nobody cares about. Maybe just me?

This is exactly where Hetfield, in particular, seems most comfortable these days. Certainly makes more sense than the latest by-numbers shite they're peddling.

Quote from: Necro Red on March 03, 2023, 10:17:43 AM

One of the comments on YouTube said to listen to the new song at 1.5 speed, and you know what? It's a lot better!  ;D  Still a fairly crappy song, but at least now it sounds like an outtake from the AJFA sessions rather than the Hardwired sessions.

Quote from: Mooncat on March 04, 2023, 05:36:14 PMOne of the comments on YouTube said to listen to the new song at 1.5 speed, and you know what? It's a lot better!  ;D  Still a fairly crappy song, but at least now it sounds like an outtake from the AJFA sessions rather than the Hardwired sessions.

Quote from: Mooncat on March 04, 2023, 05:36:14 PMOne of the comments on YouTube said to listen to the new song at 1.5 speed, and you know what? It's a lot better!  ;D  Still a fairly crappy song, but at least now it sounds like an outtake from the AJFA sessions rather than the Hardwired sessions.
That works pretty well for the last few Maiden albums too

Ah you can't compare Maiden some very decent stuff on Senjutsu and Book of Souls. Both 3/5 albums. Metallica haven't gone above 2/5 since Load.

Different approaches but both as bad as each other. Maiden just release the same album over and over again. Very few of their latter day albums have any repeat listening value in them. At least Metallica have branched out here and there so I'd tip my hat to them slightly for that.

#162 March 05, 2023, 09:40:17 AM Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 09:58:22 AM by Eoin McLove
I agree. I find the more recent Maiden albums utterly tedious affairs. Songs that go on and on but never get anywhere. I don't find much charm in anything I've heard since AMOLAD which I liked at the time, even if it too was bloated. You could at least hand it to them and say that recent Maiden albums are focused and coherent in their dullness.

Metallica sound like a band that has been flailing blindly for the past two or more decades, completely out of touch with any sort of creative spark. I often try to find something to get excited about but never return to anything post The Black Album. A few cool tunes across Load and Reload, ignoring the bloat, but the later stuff sounds like a band who have had the creative parts of their collective brains scooped out, and are desperately scrambling for a single good idea.

They may have been abducted by aliens in the mid 90s and brain damaged during extended bouts of probing. We should keep that in mind.

Do new Metallica kids even think this is good?,imagine this scutter was your introduction to to the band!

#164 March 05, 2023, 01:11:52 PM Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 01:22:44 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Most charitable interpretation of Metallica is to say that, up until St.Anger, they were experimenting, even if the results of some of those experiments were monstrous (ba-dum-tish!). Everything since that has been worse in the sense that it's them trying but failing to recapture something that used to come seemingly naturally to them. Though it didn't come naturally; they spent hours and hours and hours passionately perfecting every track on those first albums. There is no way on earth they are putting even a fraction of the energy into composition and re-composition as they were at their peak. And I'm putting in as little time as that in return; don't think there's a single post-St.Anger song I've listened to (intentionally) more than once, and at least half of them I've never heard at all.