I saw them live about a month before that show in the video and he didn't sound anywhere near as bad as that. I really enjoyed the gig but part of that could have been that the last time I saw them before 6 months ago was in 2005.

I seen them in 2012 or so with Jack Owen it was dreadful. I was praying for it to end it was that bad.

They are all 50 odd and are stuck playing a type of utterly one dimensional death metal just to pay the bills.  It's not remotely surprising that they sound like shite.

Explain Immolation or Incantation?

Napalm Death? Carcass?

It really shouldn't be that bad.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on December 08, 2019, 07:31:31 PM

Napalm Death? Carcass?

Ya just cos they are in their 50s does not mean they have to sound shit.
Mc love is on the rag again. Its xmas.
He'll be giving out about a poll or something over the coming weeks.

Napalm Death? Carcass?

Napalm and Carcass at least try but things with their sound, (only know a little Immolation and no Incantation so can't really comment on them), whereas Deicide churn out the same shite over and over. Sounds like some really bad vocal effects on that video too. Well actually all the instruments sound bad, really thin, no bit of heft or grit to anything. Outside the first couple albums Deicide have only 1 album worth bothering with and even that appears to have been a complete fluke given what came before and after.

Quote from: blessed1 on December 08, 2019, 07:36:07 PM

Napalm Death? Carcass?

Ya just cos they are in their 50s does not mean they have to sound shit.
Mc love is on the rag again. Its xmas.
He'll be giving out about a poll or something over the coming weeks.

Yeah.

The difference with the other bands is that they are still invested in what they are doing.  Deicide are middle aged men stuck in a rut.  It's not simply that they are middle aged,  they have been peddling the same worn out formula for thirty odd years with little variation and that would be grand if they actually sounded interested in their chosen rut,  but they sound and look as bored as I'd be if I was watching that gig. 

Quote from: Born of Fire on December 08, 2019, 07:44:56 PM

Napalm Death? Carcass?

Napalm and Carcass at least try but things with their sound, (only know a little Immolation and no Incantation so can't really comment on them), whereas Deicide churn out the same shite over and over. Sounds like some really bad vocal effects on that video too. Well actually all the instruments sound bad, really thin, no bit of heft or grit to anything. Outside the first couple albums Deicide have only 1 album worth bothering with and even that appears to have been a complete fluke given what came before and after.

Exactly.

I would imagine Ross and John McEntee look after their voices whereas Glen doesn't. John loves this kind of music he lives and breathes it, I would guess Ross is similar whereas Glen doesn't care probably would struggle to name 10 bands currently on the go.  Saw both Immolation and Incantation this year and both are still great.

Im always very slow to judge a band (especially vocals) from youtube,iv watched clips of amazing gigs ive been to that come across not so good on youtube.

Only seen Deicide twice ,2002 in Paris and 2004 in the Village ,both times were awesome.