I watched that over the weekend, grim is the word. The main thing that I took from it is that money talks and loyalty or integrity isn't a thing in that business. Not a surprise at all but brought to the fore here. He's a pretty despicable person all round, and it becomes more and more apparent as the series progresses.

Ironic he couldn't see what Turner tried to do to him was basically what he did to the territories. It's a pity the doc was completed before the last batch of revelations came out cos we only saw a scratch of the surface of how much of a cunt Vince was.

Couple of episodes in, I've always followed wrestling so there's nothing really new to me, but there's stuff I had forgotten because he's done so, so much awful shit

Did think it funny though how on one episode he's talking about how taking over the territories was just business and how things are done. Then the next one giving out about Hogan joining WCW and that he's never really gotten over it

Quote from: Ollkiller on September 22, 2024, 10:44:21 PMWatched the first episode of The Penguin with Colin Farrell. If the whole season is like that we're on to a winner.
I loved it now. Getting a nice gangster vibe off it, similar to the Sopranos and without all the super hero stuff

Quote from: Emphyrio on October 02, 2024, 10:49:14 AMIronic he couldn't see what Turner tried to do to him was basically what he did to the territories. It's a pity the doc was completed before the last batch of revelations came out cos we only saw a scratch of the surface of how much of a cunt Vince was.

Well Vince would never give anyone credit 😂

Not the burial folks wanted. Austin's comments on CTE were fucking disgraceful.

To be fair, he does seem like a fucking moron.

Tony Sopranos kid has some interesting taste in music tbf, Ulver and Nevermore posters alongside er..Stuck Mojo  :abbath: .

I think Neurosos make an appearance at some stage. A poster that is, there's no Scott Kelly cameo where he's beating up Carmella.

Given how manipulative Vince is I did even find myself wondering whether the stories about his childhood abuse were true.

That said, even though he's clearly not a great guy, it wasn't all that surprising given he's a rich guy that came up through an era where you could get away with almost anything. Those kind of scandals were met with a shrug in the 80s and 90s, whereas now people get their comeuppance.

I don't entirely blame him for letting the show go on after Owen died; it was a tough call in a difficult, unprecedented situation, but he did seem just so completely meh about it in the interviews. He was more upset about Hogan going to WCW.

The parts where he's being interviewed by hosts asking difficult questions and he almost immediately reverts to hyper-aggressive playground bully mode were tough to watch.

Watched season 3 of The Bear. Had been prepared for the worst based on opinions of mates so, unsurprisingly, low expectation made it feel decent. A bit too slow, but enjoyed a few of the eps a lot. That first episode was perhaps too bold and sloooow an opening gambit though.

Back to Fargo now with our plan to get through the whole thing and so the season 2 rewatch is underway.

#2606 October 14, 2024, 11:52:22 AM Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 11:58:00 AM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Sworntothecans on October 02, 2024, 11:51:18 AMAustin's comments on CTE were fucking disgraceful.

"It's not real. I just don't believe in it."

Like it's Santa Claus or something. Gowl.

Finished the series over the weekend. Christ, the last episode is grim.

Season 2 of Fargo really is one of the best seasons of tv of all time.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 21, 2024, 12:07:29 AMSeason 2 of Fargo really is one of the best seasons of tv of all time.

100%

I thought it was too fast paced and overly violent. It lacked the folkish charm of the film and season 1. Must revisit it.