#1020 August 28, 2023, 07:38:25 PM Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 07:40:07 PM by Pentagrimes
Hell Awaits is my favourite Slayer album.

I will say however that Show No Mercy is a bit shit- good songs played and produced badly- and Live Undead is far superior, which might possibly be controversial.

This is definitely going to fuck a few people off here: Abominations Of Desolation is absolute piss.

Not a black metal purist but whoever said Wiegedood are better than the "classics" needs their fucking head checked. One of the dullest bands I've ever seen or heard. Dogshit, like everything else that AmenRa crew produce.

Divine Intervention is good,nothing more,tbh ive probably listened to Diabolous or God hates us all more over the years.

Don't think I've listened to either Divine Intervention or Diabolous in nearly 20 years, probably worth a revisit

Divine Intervention was the last great Slayer album.
I had GHUA on in the car the other day. I used to love it but whilst listening all I was thinking was "'stop shouting you cunt".
That could also be down to AA going on about in on his podcast.

I heard Abominations after Covenant and I thought it was shite. I love it now though.

Yep, agreed on Divine Intervention. Haven't listened to GHUA in 20 years and no interest. Show No Mercy is 10/10 and I love Abominations.

Didn't realise that Wiegedood were Amenra affiliates. Makes sense. That sort of "black metal" is pure shite.

Quote from: Carnage on August 28, 2023, 06:08:51 PMI think Hell Awaits is shit, I'd rate it just above Diabolus and Undisputed.

Now that is fuckin controversial!! Hell Awaits is unreal, easily my go to Slayer album. There's a deliciously dark atmosphere to it that they never managed to recapture.

South Of Heaven trumps them all.
Angel Of Disease is probably one of the best Morbid Angel songs.

South and Seasons are my go to Slayer albums,very rarely listen to the albums around those now tbh.

Angel of disease is a class track,but all out of place on Covenant!

Quote from: Born of Fire on August 28, 2023, 09:27:48 PM
Quote from: Carnage on August 28, 2023, 06:08:51 PMI think Hell Awaits is shit, I'd rate it just above Diabolus and Undisputed.

Now that is fuckin controversial!! Hell Awaits is unreal, easily my go to Slayer album. There's a deliciously dark atmosphere to it that they never managed to recapture.

It's an unreal album. Literally had it on today. It's never too long between listens.

Quote from: Paul keohane on August 28, 2023, 10:05:08 PMAngel of disease is a class track,but all out of place on Covenant!

That's why it works! It's like a load of mad punk cunts took over !

Another vote for Hell Awaits as the best Slayer album.

Seasons is the worst of the first five imo, still good, but not quite on the level of the first four. Never bothered much with DI, seems like the album were they became 'aware' of themselves as Slayer.

I agree with Hell Awaits being pretty naff. There's some good songs on there, but the production is easily the worst they ever had. Robs it of everything.

Quote from: Born of Fire on August 28, 2023, 09:27:48 PM

There's a deliciously dark atmosphere to it that they never managed to recapture.

This, exactly,  it's the most evil sounding Slayer record. The title track was the first Slayer song I ever heard courtesy fo the old Monsters of Rock TV show. I must have been about 10. I was absolutely terrified by it. Life changing moment for sure.

Worship Music is mighty, their best since Persistence Of Time. It took me a while to adjust to Belladonna singing in a lower register but it works. Haven't spent much time with For All Kings so I can't really comment on that.