If it's pissing rain this weekend, this might do the trick with some cans. Looks fairly shite but Helloween might be decent

https://www.magentamusik.de/wacken/woa-2023

Nice one. I'll have to check out Amorphis, they're growing on me again after decades away from them.

What a fecking dose the weather's been, and the bank holiday weekend looks a washout particularly in the west. Cans will ne needed!

Great timing, when I've declared dry August. I'll probably last 'til the weekend.

I read earlier this evening that they are telling people not to come to the site in cars as they will be turned back. It's a mud bath already.
It read like they can be refunded etc.
What a dose!

I saw that a while ago. Also getting people to camp 20km away instead, and squeezing campers on site into a smaller area as some areas are not feasible to use.

Saw some photos of tractors pulling cars through muddy fields, ugh.

Re the live streams, is it usually just bands on the main stage? Good few there that I'd like to check out actually now that I've seen the line up. (Anthrax Carnage - start buying cans!  ;)  )

Beer is on the shopping list, worry not.

Ha looking a clips on twitter of the queues of traffic and mud!.Cans at home the best option!.

I could probably tolerate any fest if the weather is good,but 80k (or whatever Wacken is) in the mud and rain!,fuck that!

I wouldnt be rushing to that festival with that lineup either.

Get yerselves down/up/across to Sligo for Whiplash this weekend instead.
Great line-up, indoors, good people, good craic.

Templemore fest is this weekend, too

Sligo Whiplash/Templemore fest > watching Wacken on a computer while drinking cans.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on August 02, 2023, 09:32:32 PMSligo Whiplash/Templemore fest > watching Wacken on a computer while drinking cans.

That's debatable  :laugh: