Quote from: StoutAndAle on June 05, 2020, 11:17:43 AM
Is it just me or does Marty Morrissey look like a decrepit ventriloquist dummy?

has he ever interviewed Morrissey?

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 01, 2020, 07:26:49 AM
And for any fellow GAA heads, it always brings the mood down when Marty is on the mic and not Ger Canning.

Ger Canning is the fucking worst ever. Why do RTE keep inflicting him on football fans every time the World Cup or Euros come round?
And Peter Collins on anything is second worst. Followed closely by Stephen Alkin.

He's a great GAA commentator!

"NASA put some of their brightest scientists to work to solve this problem".

I'm glad they kept the thicko NASA scientists off the case  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 07, 2020, 08:00:05 PM
"NASA put some of their brightest scientists to work to solve this problem".

I'm glad they kept the thicko NASA scientists off the case  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Working at "Full-time Mad Bastard". You're not though, really.

Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 07:50:29 PM

Ed Sheeran, X-Factor, Rihanna, Tommy Tiernan

groups
           Catslebar Open Forum

So my neighbours kids are having a screaming contest. Great.

I was teaching my young f'la 'Iron Man' on the guitar and he kept singing 'Irish Irish man, Irish Irish Irish iriiiish man'

Clip round the ear didn't work, he maintains those are the lyrics. He can now play that a string riff though.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 12, 2020, 04:59:51 PM
I was teaching my young f'la 'Iron Man' on the guitar and he kept singing 'Irish Irish man, Irish Irish Irish iriiiish man'

Clip round the ear didn't work, he maintains those are the lyrics. He can now play that a string riff though.

This should be in the simple pleasures thread tbh  :laugh:

school of hard knocks, 1978

u ok hun x

Quote from: mugz on June 12, 2020, 06:49:54 PM

u ok hun x

Boss queen at (some MLM shit) cosmetics xoxo

One of my mates is engaged to one of these huns, she's the most vapid, materialistic, brain dead excuse for a human I've ever met.

She's got something like 6,000 Facebook "friends". I accepted her friend request in a "you're engaged to one of the lads, sure" kind of way, only to find out she then dives into your list of friends and spams all your girl-friends with make up and I quickly blocked her.

One of the girls did show me a funny little exchange she had with her...

"Hi would you be interested in my make up, I'm wearing some of my top products in my profile picture"...

"Why would I be interested in your make-up? You look like you have jaundice. No offense if you actually are jaundiced, but no thanks".

:laugh:

I actually took the plunge (yeah I know, mad bastard) and finally deleted the Facebook account this week. At the risk of coming across like a heartless prick, it was all this BLM stuff...actually more specifically, a number of pontificating posts from friends (in the FB sense, more casual acquaintances really) along the lines of "you're complicit in this problem if you remain silent". And that's it. All very well if you actually do something, but speaking out about something should be more than posting a one-line statement on Facebook, giving out about people saying nothing. Hardly inspirational stuff. I wouldn't mind but one of these individuals, the most vocal of all (again more of a friend of a friend), the last time I met her on a night out, steadfastly refused to get into a taxi driven by a black lad for fear, her words, of "getting raped". So yeah, a nice social media detox has done me the world of good and I can't see me going back to it.

The cunts have no inner monologue. They just can't see it. It's an illness they have

Quote from: Ducky on June 12, 2020, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: mugz on June 12, 2020, 06:49:54 PM

u ok hun x

Boss queen at (some MLM shit) cosmetics xoxo

One of my mates is engaged to one of these huns, she's the most vapid, materialistic, brain dead excuse for a human I've ever met.

She's got something like 6,000 Facebook "friends". I accepted her friend request in a "you're engaged to one of the lads, sure" kind of way, only to find out she then dives into your list of friends and spams all your girl-friends with make up and I quickly blocked her.

One of the girls did show me a funny little exchange she had with her...

"Hi would you be interested in my make up, I'm wearing some of my top products in my profile picture"...

"Why would I be interested in your make-up? You look like you have jaundice. No offense if you actually are jaundiced, but no thanks".

:laugh:

this is wincingly accurate  :laugh: