Holland and Barrett come across as a MLM company except with a storefront.

Just watched an episode of Bargain Hunt (kvlt!) and,  if you have never seen it,  you have two teams scouring for antiques which they then sell at auction with the team who makes the most at the end winning, leaving you with a team of winners and a team of  l-l-loooo... loos... arghhh, what's the word again? Begins with 'l'...

Runners up!

Unfuckingreal.

This sounds like you love it... was this meant for the pet peeves thread or thr tube thread  :laugh:

And the winning prize of £2.49..love that programme   :laugh:

It's grand oul easy on the brainball telly that the in-laws had on. The show itself is alright but, fuck me, 'winners and runners up' can go suck a lemon.

Obviously when you've ascended to the heights of being on Bargain Hunt you can no longer be a loser.

They buy shit at a car boot sale for pennies then flog it at auction for a few hundred. Why don't the car booters go to the auction instead?

Or The people who pay stupid money at auction go to car boot sales?

No they usually make a loss. It's the cheapest shite of a programme format ever put together. I'd say your man presenting gets 20 quid, a sandwich and a cup of tea for presenting and each show costs around 200 quid to produce. I could spend a whole morning watching it though

The experts appear to know feck all about value too. "he's selling this snuff tin for £50, but I can see it fetching £80 in the auction room"

Auctioneer - "yeah, I reckon the snuff tin will make £20, £25 if the right buyer is in the room"

Yeah you have to wonder if the "experts" are complete fucking chancers of what's the story with them.

I have been trying to locate an oversized Addresspal package which was sent last week from the UK. I received an email from An Post saying that, because it was oversized, they won't deliver it to my usual Post Office and I'll have to collect it from a Delivery Service Unit. That's fine except, try as I might, I can't find a list of their DSUs anywhere and they haven't bothered replying to my emails or picked up the phone when I called them and I've had no update on the location of the package either since they don't issue tracking numbers. I finally got one of them on the phone this morning to find out they sent it to Thurles for some reason, which will add an hour to my drive home this evening. I asked if there was a list of DSUs anywhere I could check as I couldn't find a list anywhere on their website. He said they had one in Clonmel and asked if that would have been better.

I work in Clonmel.

He has since emailed me a list of DSUs, as he promised he would, which sadly only has Clonmel and Thurles on it and no phone numbers  :laugh:

Fecking sore throat/cold that's been dragging on since Christmas. Say half the country's got it by this stage, but it's no fun at all. Still, hasn't lain me flat yet.

Quote from: Juggz on January 23, 2020, 10:16:38 AM
I have been trying to locate an oversized Addresspal package which was sent last week from the UK. I received an email from An Post saying that, because it was oversized, they won't deliver it to my usual Post Office and I'll have to collect it from a Delivery Service Unit. That's fine except, try as I might, I can't find a list of their DSUs anywhere and they haven't bothered replying to my emails or picked up the phone when I called them and I've had no update on the location of the package either since they don't issue tracking numbers. I finally got one of them on the phone this morning to find out they sent it to Thurles for some reason, which will add an hour to my drive home this evening. I asked if there was a list of DSUs anywhere I could check as I couldn't find a list anywhere on their website. He said they had one in Clonmel and asked if that would have been better.

I work in Clonmel.

He has since emailed me a list of DSUs, as he promised he would, which sadly only has Clonmel and Thurles on it and no phone numbers  :laugh:

last year I had to pick up an oversized item from one of their distribution centers..25 euros charge...ok my fault for not getting it right...pull out my debit card only to be told they only dealt with cash...fucking cash only..in this day and age???

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on January 23, 2020, 12:22:24 PM
Fecking sore throat/cold that's been dragging on since Christmas. Say half the country's got it by this stage, but it's no fun at all. Still, hasn't lain me flat yet.
Same, had two courses of antibiotics since the middle of November, feel grand for a week or two after then it all starts up again. Absolutely headwrecking, literally

This, for me, has been the worst Winter ever for doses, just one after the other. Reckon it's this constant windy ,rainy weather and no real hard frost to kill all these fucking germs. Sick of it .
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes