Fuckers on adverts selling Chinese fake branded guitars without declaring them as such.

Quote from: Juggz on January 06, 2020, 09:14:32 AM
Fuckers on adverts selling Chinese fake branded guitars without declaring them as such.

spill the beans?

#992 January 06, 2020, 10:09:58 AM Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:16:27 PM by Juggz

#993 January 07, 2020, 11:03:58 AM Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 11:06:59 AM by Eoin McLove
Over in Melbourne with the in laws and this evening at the dinner table my sister in law says that her friend suggested they drive to where the bush fires are raging to help save some wildlife.  These people are full time Instagrammers so immediately I could see through the bullshit. I pictured them giving water to a koala while taking 5000 photos to upload to Instagram and get 'all the likes'. These women are in their 30s, for fuck sake... Unbelievable levels of retardation.

In their fantasy no doubt they end up on the news and become world famous for their act of heroism while in reality they'd have gotten lost in the bush and have to be fucking rescued by the fire service who are already pushed to breaking point!

We talked her out of it... credit where credit is due,  she at least acted like she thought it was a bad idea.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 07, 2020, 11:03:58 AM
Over in Melbourne with the in laws and this evening at the dinner table my sister in law says that her friend suggested they drive to where the bush fires are raging to help save some wildlife.  These people are full time Instagrammers so immediately I could see through the bullshit. I pictured them giving water to a koala while taking 5000 photos to upload to Instagram and get 'all the likes'. These women are in their 30s, for fuck sake... Unbelievable levels of retardation.

In their fantasy no doubt they end up on the news and become world famous for their act of heroism while in reality they'd have gotten lost in the bush and have to be fucking rescued by the fire service who are already pushed to breaking point!

We talked her out of it... credit where credit is due,  she at least acted like she thought it was a bad idea.

Can't stand that type of shit.
I use Instagram and Facebook for work and I really do need it for my job but Jesus some of the people you come across on it would sicken the hole of you.
It's actually scary how disconnected from the real world some of these people are.

Ordering a 'Nightside..' pic disc from Spinefarm and receiving a freaking 'Catfish and the Bottlemen' t-shirt instead .  And now not being able to contact them or get a reply.  Gone beyond 'peeved'  now.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on January 09, 2020, 08:40:09 PM
Ordering a 'Nightside..' pic disc from Spinefarm and receiving a freaking 'Catfish and the Bottlemen' t-shirt instead .  And now not being able to contact them or get a reply.  Gone beyond 'peeved'  now.
Spinefarm are awful. A lot of the Candlelight classics are disappearing since being licensed to Spinefarm, absolute shams.

First time I've used them, should have stuck to my usuals.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: leatherface on January 04, 2020, 10:32:38 AM
So..after a LONG time of trying to sneak past the dentist, I finally had a checkup and now have to make a few appointments to fix a few things (an extraction being one of the things). Happy new year to me!. Properly pissed off at myself for the neglect but I'm told it's Ok. What bothers me most is not the cost (which *should bother me), it's the idea of being in that chair with sharp objects all around me, potential pain etc. When I was younger I didn't mind going to the dentist, currently the idea of it fills me with fear. What's it like nowadays?. All I can think about is horror movies.

I hear you. Even though I'm quite a stickler for going to the dentist. I went just before Christmas for a clean, the hygienist asked "When was the last time you had a check-up?" I told her I was there in August for a check-up, clean and they spotted a cavity so I had to get a filling (my first one ever - at the age of 38, not bad going).

"Hmmm, did he mention anything about mild gum-disease?" she asked. When I said no, she got my chart (as if I had lied about my last visit or something). Turns out I have a slight issue and now need two visits which apparently reach deep into the pockets (of both my gumline and trousers) and clear them out.  "He really should have spotted this..." she said. I asked if I could speak to him. "He left to go to a practice in Dublin the week after your last check-up".

She went ahead and did the standard cleaning and then gave me the dates for my two appointments - not til the end of January. It's like waiting for Santa all over again.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on January 10, 2020, 10:48:19 AM
Quote from: leatherface on January 04, 2020, 10:32:38 AM
So..after a LONG time of trying to sneak past the dentist, I finally had a checkup and now have to make a few appointments to fix a few things (an extraction being one of the things). Happy new year to me!. Properly pissed off at myself for the neglect but I'm told it's Ok. What bothers me most is not the cost (which *should bother me), it's the idea of being in that chair with sharp objects all around me, potential pain etc. When I was younger I didn't mind going to the dentist, currently the idea of it fills me with fear. What's it like nowadays?. All I can think about is horror movies.

I hear you. Even though I'm quite a stickler for going to the dentist. I went just before Christmas for a clean, the hygienist asked "When was the last time you had a check-up?" I told her I was there in August for a check-up, clean and they spotted a cavity so I had to get a filling (my first one ever - at the age of 38, not bad going).

"Hmmm, did he mention anything about mild gum-disease?" she asked. When I said no, she got my chart (as if I had lied about my last visit or something). Turns out I have a slight issue and now need two visits which apparently reach deep into the pockets (of both my gumline and trousers) and clear them out.  "He really should have spotted this..." she said. I asked if I could speak to him. "He left to go to a practice in Dublin the week after your last check-up".

She went ahead and did the standard cleaning and then gave me the dates for my two appointments - not til the end of January. It's like waiting for Santa all over again.
Dentists: the second hand car salesmen of the 'medical' profession....

Saw a mouse scurry across my kitchen this morning. The fact that I have to find and kill the fucker is dampening my Friday buzz.

Went through that a few months ago, despite having two cats. In fact, one of the fucking cats brought the cunt in. It was living in the back of the cooker and going behind all the presses on that wall to get around. I had to take it and most of the units on that wall out to finally give it nowhere to run so I could catch it. Major ballache. Fucking cats were useless, as were all the traps set.

Quote from: Emphyrio on January 10, 2020, 01:22:24 PM
Saw a mouse scurry across my kitchen this morning. The fact that I have to find and kill the fucker is dampening my Friday buzz.

A pain in the bollocks.

I'm not particularly fond of mice etc. so I hate dealing with that shit. Has to be done of course but still. Worst one I had was coming home the day after we got married and spotted a mouse in the living room. The wedding was in an old country house so I think the little bastard had come along on the flowers that we brought home. Set a trap, locked the door and headed for a few days away.

When we got back I noticed that the trap was gone. I looked around the room but couldn't find it. Then I heard squeaking. I lifted the two couches and there he was - the dopey fucker, instead of giving himself a quick death, had gone in sideways, trapped half of its body and dragged itself trap and all under the furniture. I had to give it a whack of a hurley to put it out of its misery. 

Haha I see a hurley in this fellas future too. Hopefully he's as dopey as your one.