Quote from: uncle flacid on December 30, 2019, 09:11:37 PM
rent-a-diary type posts on metal/meme groups. Fuck sake I want to see funny pictures and that not loner posts about how the group gets ya through the dark times wa wa. And the constant "im a metalhead so blah blah blah" type posts. Reminds me why I use this site and MI back in the day....less shit posts.

I see someone else was unfortunate enough to join the Irish Metalheads Facebook page.

Yes, I am currently listening to John Coltrane's "Giant Steps" because it blows most of metal (and music in general) out of the water. Ye uncultured shower of cunts.

#976 January 04, 2020, 10:32:38 AM Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:45:10 AM by leatherface
So..after a LONG time of trying to sneak past the dentist, I finally had a checkup and now have to make a few appointments to fix a few things (an extraction being one of the things). Happy new year to me!. Properly pissed off at myself for the neglect but I'm told it's Ok. What bothers me most is not the cost (which *should bother me), it's the idea of being in that chair with sharp objects all around me, potential pain etc. When I was younger I didn't mind going to the dentist, currently the idea of it fills me with fear. What's it like nowadays?. All I can think about is horror movies.

Don't worry about it lad, very little pain involved in going to the dentist (extraction is just unpleasant, but not painful). The worst pain I had was after getting my teeth whitened (I know, I know) a few years ago. Fillings and all that shite, nothing to be worried about. I think most people who haven't been to the dentist regularly are just a bit red faced from having left it go for more than a year or two. Be grand :)

There's no pain,  but the sound of having a tooth pulled out is an experience  :laugh:

Was in Dubrovnik last year staying at my Croatian mate's parent's home. Told him to get his ma to book me in with the family dentist while I was there.
First time at a dentist in 25 years. I had to get a back tooth totally rebuilt. Roots drilled out and all.
Two sessions, hour and a half each, €95 all in.
Wasn't too bad at all.

One of my Serbian mates is a dentist in Belgrade, I went in for a cleaning last year for the laugh. The building was pure shoddy communist era stuff, but just like a western clinic inside. He charged me less than fifteen quid, and that wasn't even mates rates.

Dentist is affordable in France thankfully,  but I did the eastern Europe thing once when I was still living in Dublin and saved a packet plus a great trip to Budapest.

Had three wisdom teeth pulled five years ago and the guy told me I could wear headphones to mask the sound and sensation of the drilling and pulling.  Not quite sure what he made of the snippets of Prometheus, The Discipline of Fire and Demise that he heard, but from my point of view it did a great job of masking!

Quote from: Ducky on December 31, 2019, 03:56:05 AM
Quote from: uncle flacid on December 30, 2019, 09:11:37 PM
rent-a-diary type posts on metal/meme groups. Fuck sake I want to see funny pictures and that not loner posts about how the group gets ya through the dark times wa wa. And the constant "im a metalhead so blah blah blah" type posts. Reminds me why I use this site and MI back in the day....less shit posts.

I see someone else was unfortunate enough to join the Irish Metalheads Facebook page.

Yes, I am currently listening to John Coltrane's "Giant Steps" because it blows most of metal (and music in general) out of the water. Ye uncultured shower of cunts.
My thoughts exactly on that group. The mods delete any comments that are unfavourable towards a band as well. Also most of them seem to only listen to ac/dc the big four, thin lizzy and motorhead... God

Yeah it's the Metal Bro™ mentality. These boys are in their mid 40s and still going on like they did in their mid teens (the lad on here organising Sligo Whiplash having a piss and moan about how "metallers used to stick together" when he was told a few tribute bands doesn't really make for much of a metal festival was particularly cringey) and looking at you like you've been dropped on your head because your record collection consists of more than Master of Puppets, Vulgar Display of Power and Burn My Eyes.

Quote from: Ducky on January 04, 2020, 08:31:48 PM
Yeah it's the Metal Bro™ mentality. These boys are in their mid 40s and still going on like they did in their mid teens (the lad on here organising Sligo Whiplash having a piss and moan about how "metallers used to stick together" when he was told a few tribute bands doesn't really make for much of a metal festival was particularly cringey) and looking at you like you've been dropped on your head because your record collection consists of more than Master of Puppets, Vulgar Display of Power and Burn My Eyes.
Aye and plenty of these "subjected to normal music over the holidays" posts. I don't like pop music but it's hardly a form of torture to have it on in the background.

If you're feeling particularly petty you can ask them if pop music is so bad, why do they love The Black Album so much.

And here's the Metal-As-Fuck, late-40s uncle in the first communion photos wearing his Creeping Death hoodie because it's an affront to his metal brethren to not be a walking billboard for Lars and Co. 24/7 :abbath:

Saw some wan today looking for advice from her metal sisters on what to wear to a wedding.
Then there is the fucking raffle for a second hand Harley Benton guitar. Bring back the elitist MI cabal!

Every fuckhead and their dog covering that "Toss A Coin To Your Witcher" song. It's a shit song regardless what genre/version you do it as.