Quote from: Ducky on December 17, 2019, 11:55:03 PM
I've completely stopped doing any sort of cards (bar a group birthday card) as they're a waste of money, paper, etc.

There's a brand called Waldo Pancake that do a great line of dryshite/grumpy bastard cards. One of them has something like "OMG best birthday card ever*" on the front, it's blank inside and reads "*chuck me in the bin now" on the back.

Their "back away, fatty" fridge magnet was particularly nice :laugh:

Just looking at those now, great  :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: 101_North on December 17, 2019, 03:59:40 PM
Getting Christmas cards from folks you haven't seen or spoken to in in many, many years that are addressed to '+ family'. The fact you don't know my wife's name or my kids names suggests a card probably wasn't necessary!

A buddy of mine last year bought his girlfriend a birthday gift but forgot to give her a birthday card, he left it work or something. She said to him "Ah the present is nice but the card shows me that you were really thinking of me. If I got nothing else but the card I'd be happy."

A few months later at Christmas he handed her nothing but a card - he had her gift down the side of the couch. She appeared to have forgotten her whole Hallmark birthday speech and laid into him. He decided to hold his poker face. So much so that she fucked off to her parent's house calling him a bastard and all sorts - leaving him on his tod in the gaff.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on December 18, 2019, 10:26:47 AM
Quote from: 101_North on December 17, 2019, 03:59:40 PM
Getting Christmas cards from folks you haven't seen or spoken to in in many, many years that are addressed to '+ family'. The fact you don't know my wife's name or my kids names suggests a card probably wasn't necessary!

A buddy of mine last year bought his girlfriend a birthday gift but forgot to give her a birthday card, he left it work or something. She said to him "Ah the present is nice but the card shows me that you were really thinking of me. If I got nothing else but the card I'd be happy."

A few months later at Christmas he handed her nothing but a card - he had her gift down the side of the couch. She appeared to have forgotten her whole Hallmark birthday speech and laid into him. He decided to hold his poker face. So much so that she fucked off to her parent's house calling him a bastard and all sorts - leaving him on his tod in the gaff.
Cans out. Death Metal on...  :abbath:

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 18, 2019, 01:10:03 PM

Cans out. Death Metal on...  :abbath:

He went out on the lash every night over Christmas.

They broke up not long after. Yer wan is going out with some married lad now, broke up his marriage - the whole lot. That must have been some hell of a card she gave him.

Sad thing is, my buddy is very ugly so his coolness under pressure and poker face antics have probably forced him into a prolonged bout of celibacy.

Fucking space cadets congregating right inside the enterance to a building, or sprawled across entire shopping aisles talking shite, blocking the way with absolutely zero consideration or awareness for the rest of the universe that might want to actually get past them. Rabble rabble!

An Post are causing me a fair amount of gyp at the minute. I ordered a package from Germany on Dec. 5th.

It left Berlin on the 6th. with DHL who handed it off to An Post (I don't know why) last week.

Next time it appears on the tracking system was last Monday stating it was in a mail centre in Portlaoise. Then Tuesday in a mail centre in Cork. It hasn't moved since. An Post can't tell me when I'll get it, I've asked can I come and collect it seeing as I'm 10 minutes away but they've said that they have to attempt delivery first before I can collect it. It's coming to my office but we're closing up for delivery tomorrow evening.

Fuck getting people nice gifts, everyone is getting vouchers next year.

People who walk in/out of a takeaway this time of year and leave the door wide open

Bands using the term Riffs as some kind of incentive to hit their gig.

There'll be riffs a plenty.

Come down for some riffs.

Riffs.

Bags of riffs at this one.

Fuck off.

When somebody constantly complains about bands, but won't tell you what band they were once in  :abbath:

The ad with the auld fella jumping in the sea and his daughter getting emotional watching it  on video, don't ask me why but it annoys me, a lot.

rent-a-diary type posts on metal/meme groups. Fuck sake I want to see funny pictures and that not loner posts about how the group gets ya through the dark times wa wa. And the constant "im a metalhead so blah blah blah" type posts. Reminds me why I use this site and MI back in the day....less shit posts.

Don't talk down about the metal brotherhood BROTHER

Sorry I thought this was the albums of the decade thread