That cunt whinging about cheese in the Vodafone ad. The worst delivered line I've ever heard: "Someone's after eating it." If ever there was a case of Doddy giving a precocious bollox a job...

I bought 25 litres of water to see us through the weekend and then Irish Water go and clean the maggots out of the system.  Robbed.  I think I'll spin over to Leixlip and shite in the reservoir to get my money's worth.

Watching "The Wall" game show thingy on BBC and I want to stick my head in the oven. In what dimension does this pass as entertainment?

Stop hanging out on the stairs of the bus when waiting to get off you fuckin dopes.
Also keep the side of your arse to yourself and squish yourself into one seat like the rest of us, fuck you all, truly

That wrecks my head. I also don't understand why people hop up out of their seats just before a stop and go flying. I mean, I get that you're going somewhere but I don't think the extra three seconds from standing up early will make a difference.

In fact, they've probably lost a few seconds because someone got milled. Dopes.

Quote from: Ducky on October 30, 2019, 07:05:08 PM
That wrecks my head. I also don't understand why people hop up out of their seats just before a stop and go flying. I mean, I get that you're going somewhere but I don't think the extra three seconds from standing up early will make a difference.

In fact, they've probably lost a few seconds because someone got milled. Dopes.

Because bus eireann drivers are a shower of useless fucks. If you don't get up and even if you press the button to stop... there's still a chance one of the fuckers will just drive straight past anyway.

The vilification and locking-up of a person I can only describe as a national hero.  That poor female teacher who has been the victim of a witch hunt and for what? Making a lucky student's dream come true. Clearly a victim of the pathological and vindictive patriarchal system. The judge, twisted with jealousy for the lucky young bastard who got up on her, when all he did himself for five years of secondary school was pull his plum to the very same fantasy! It boils my blood.

Justice for Jim.

#817 November 01, 2019, 12:14:09 PM Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 12:17:45 PM by Aborted
jesus  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I only saw it in passing on the stand in a shop but it seems there's no info about her identity.

I thought normally the faces of them are plastered all over, named & shamed etc etc ?

#imwitsomeone

#818 November 01, 2019, 03:55:00 PM Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:56:32 PM by StoutAndAle
People who use their kids as excuses not to do things or back out of plans at the last minute and use the child as a get of jail free card because they know there's no comeback to it.

Kids get sick - I get that. It just seems to me that some people have kids who take ill every time that they're due to go to something. They ring you apropos of nothing, conversation moving along at a nice clip and then;

"I'll see you at the gig later so, yeah?"

"Um, about that... We think little Bobby is getting a cold. We want to monitor that situation so I might just leave it off."

Or the greatest fuckery of it all.

A text along the lines of "Won't make it tonight. Kids are sick. Sorry. Talk to you later." but not sent until about 20 minutes before the gig (or whatever) kicks off.

And you can't challenge them on it. Or at least you're not supposed to. If you do then you'll get the whole Christ up on the cross, hurt child of Prague eyed "How dare you even say that, when you're a parent you'll see how hard it is..." yada yada yada. 

I've sorta pulled that the odd time, never said they're sick if they're not though.

More along the lines of "really sorry, the little fuck slept for three hours last night and I'm so shattered I fell asleep on the jacks earlier. Can't make it out but sure I wouldn't be much craic anyway. Kick in the balls if I ever talk about having more"

Yeah, same, kids get sick a lot, it ruins plans but I've never used the excuse unless they were actually sick.
Getting out when you have kids is a blessing so it actually sucks when you miss out because they are sick.

What's with folks eating on public transport? Drives me mad! Can't wait 30mins until they get home. Have to start shovelling it in the minute they sit down! There's a guy on my bus with a fucking KFC family bucket! Jesus!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 01, 2019, 11:04:59 AM
The vilification and locking-up of a person I can only describe as a national hero.  That poor female teacher who has been the victim of a witch hunt and for what? Making a lucky student's dream come true. Clearly a victim of the pathological and vindictive patriarchal system. The judge, twisted with jealousy for the lucky young bastard who got up on her, when all he did himself for five years of secondary school was pull his plum to the very same fantasy! It boils my blood.

Justice for Jim.

Actually surprised she got jail, considering that's the judge who normally lets sex offenders get off with a slap on the wrist, while he goes down like a ton of bricks on garlic importers.

If he was going down on anyone without consent he'd have to lock himself up too.

New peeve- car breaking down as I'm leaving work on a Friday evening with the rain pissing down  :'(

Quote from: 101_North on November 01, 2019, 06:03:27 PM
What's with folks eating on public transport? Drives me mad! Can't wait 30mins until they get home. Have to start shovelling it in the minute they sit down! There's a guy on my bus with a fucking KFC family bucket! Jesus!

Jaysus the pong of that on a bus 🤢