How loud is it? If it averages over 80db they're meant to turn it down anyway iirc.  I mean you could see if you can pick up a decibel meter somewhere if you wanted to be particularly bad to them.

I'd be asking to see the manager there, that's ridiculous from an employee

DB meter all the way. While not being calibrated-hardware accurate, there are quite a few phone apps which will give a good idea of whether the volume level is below a safe level for prolonged exposure..

It's funny, we Irish tend to avoid going direct to the source. If that was America, the customer would ask for the manager immediately, an official complaint would be filed against the employee. As a customer you shouldn't have to endure discomfort, especially when you're paying good money to use their service and you most certainly shouldn't be getting dressed down by an employee who should be there to assist and not play the security guard. Stay calm, keep it adult , no cursing and you can give them a good dressing down.

I say fuckin wreck the gaff!

Yeah, but with a really calm demeanour, proper psychopath style.

Throw the dumbbells really slowly. That'll freak them right out.

Tell them your uncle's in the RA

Tell them their ma is their da.

Tell em your Ma is on the blob

And your da is in the mob.

Just stop exercising ye superficial cunt 

Maybe he fancies you and trying to get your attention. Does he watch you in the shower?

Only if he turns the temperature down.

#749 October 01, 2019, 06:17:39 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 06:20:43 PM by mickO)))
Quote from: Pedrito on October 01, 2019, 04:15:08 PM
It's funny, we Irish tend to avoid going direct to the source. If that was America, the customer would ask for the manager immediately, an official complaint would be filed against the employee. As a customer you shouldn't have to endure discomfort, especially when you're paying good money to use their service and you most certainly shouldn't be getting dressed down by an employee who should be there to assist and not play the security guard. Stay calm, keep it adult , no cursing and you can give them a good dressing down.

I think in general the Irish are not that bad at this. I have been to other countries and currently live in one where the majority just let people shit on them and they say nothing for fear of confrontation. I'm probably on the other end and just as bad where I will let very little go which is a bad habit because more often then not it will just cause you far too much stress and headaches by the time the problem is fixed. I have a few food places close to where I live that I can't go into again after having arguments with staff. I am not barred but will not go back into a place knowing that more then likely someone is going to phlegm in my food.

I also got a warning recently for putting on the Teitanblood  - Death album in the gym over the speakers because some others complained. I didn't argue against that as they do have signs up saying not to put your own music even though a lot of the members do it from time to time but metal does seem to be acceptable. I was told the music was too offensive.