100%
You'd have to mute her though.

As Louth accents go, she's like an angelic voice from the heavens compared to many of them. Nowhere else on Earth does language take quite the beating it does in Louth.

Quote from: Juggz on March 12, 2019, 08:50:55 AM
Nowhere else on Earth does language take quite the beating it does in Wexford.

:laugh: Mullingyar, Ahlone, Tullamore, literally anywhere down the midlands the list goes on..but yep Louth is fairly awful alright.

That's gas,  I had no idea she was from Louth. So she managed to trade in one gimpy accent for an even more irritating one!

#230 March 12, 2019, 02:48:13 PM Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:27:43 PM by John Kimble
RTE...just everything about it. The fact that I have to pay a licence (or broadcasting fee) for a service I never use, watch or listen to. I pay Vodafone to supply my broadband, Sky for my TV...why on earth am I paying for a State broadcaster that produces no good original material, other than to fund the ridiculously overinflated salaries of Tubridy, Darcy et al.

#231 March 13, 2019, 09:10:49 AM Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:18:33 AM by Pedrito
It's a cabal of utter shite, all propping up their buddies and family members. The latest they gush over is that blonde dope Vogue Williams, who was literally done nothing and has nothing to offer other than her vapid, horsey smile. The constant gushing over the likes of Gay Byrne is utterly cringe also. Yeah he had his moments and some good interviews, but he could be an annoying little bollix too. They really love to celebrate their own myth.

As for the toy show...ughhh

virtuoso guitarists who butcher classic songs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsNa3LaDUE

"Yngwie Malmsteen."

Also works.

Gay Byrne. Can you imagine going to school nowadays with a name like that.

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on March 13, 2019, 01:24:08 PM
Gay Byrne. Can you imagine going to school nowadays with a name like that.

:laugh:

Quote from: The Heretic on March 13, 2019, 12:24:51 PM
virtuoso guitarists who butcher classic songs...

I'm disappointed he didn't call it "While my guitar gently sweeps"

People saying "obligated" in place of "obliged". Stop this butchery.

That irks me too. A complete Americanism.