July 09, 2021, 07:30:10 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:41:47 PM by Carnage
I thought there was a Godflesh thread but couldn't find it...

Upcoming boxset of all of the reunion era material plus remixes & unreleased tracks. Sounds good for you vinyl people:

https://www.justinkbroadrick.com/collections/godflesh/products/godflesh-long-live-the-new-flesh-4lp-box-set-white-black-pre-sale?variant=40493074546841

That is a tasty boxset. I can't see myself buying this as I already have most of it separately. Godflesh rule! They have been on my "to see list" for a long time now

That'll be taxed to hell with VAT/Duty/etc, coming from the UK?

Quote from: Jward on July 29, 2021, 03:44:13 PM
That'll be taxed to hell with VAT/Duty/etc, coming from the UK?
If it comes from the UK.  The last few orders I put in on the JKB store (Jesu tees and records) were looked after by We Ship Vinyl and came from the Netherlands iirc.  This is the same company again so I'm hoping it goes the same way.  If it doesn't, it should only sting me for an extra €20-€22 quid (VAT and handling, no duty) which isn't too bad considering.

Edit: I bought it as ye may have figured from the rest of the post.

Never thought of that TBH. I have a Jesu T-shirt ordered from him, it's coming from Plastic Head & I think they're UK based too.

Quote from: Carnage on July 29, 2021, 05:57:46 PM
Never thought of that TBH. I have a Jesu T-shirt ordered from him, it's coming from Plastic Head & I think they're UK based too.
I got a Messiah shirt off Plastic Head too last month, luckily before the cut off changed, you'll likely get hit on that alright it looks like they shipped from the UK itself.

So annoying this customs charge bullshit. May stick to labels in Europe for shirts etc

Yeah, I forgot about it and had around €25 whacked onto a discogs order from the UK there. Thankfully it was still cheaper than any EU sellers with the same stuff, but definitely not something I'll forget to factor in again!

#9 December 02, 2021, 05:39:36 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:41:23 PM by Carnage
CD version on the way:

https://www.justinkbroadrick.com/collections/godflesh/products/godflesh-long-live-the-new-flesh-4cd-box-set-arec053-pre-order

I've already got the 2 albums and EP or I'd be all over this. As it is, I bought the download of the bonus material, but a separate CD release would be groovy.

Incidentally, I didn't get a customs charge on that T-shirt in the end.

They were unfucking real at Damnation a few weeks ago.

Quote from: Ollkiller on December 02, 2021, 06:15:11 PM
They were unfucking real at Damnation a few weeks ago.
Saw them at the end of the 90's and can only say it was like a sledgehammer to the nads. Highly recommended...  :abbath:

When is the last time they played here in Ireland? Mad to see them

Quote from: Necro Red on December 03, 2021, 11:16:30 AM
When is the last time they played here in Ireland? Mad to see them
They played Cork/Dublin in 2000,and definitely another time in Dublin after that?,01/02.They went on a hiatus/split not long after.

I cant recall have they played since they reformed.