Safe words are tricky with a ball gag in your mouth.

So I've heard.

I am extremely hesitant to participate in any S&M activities with women as it could be used negatively against you if she decides she didn't like it.  Probably being over cautious but I've heard enough horror stories to stop me from participating.

#18 February 02, 2021, 10:35:20 AM Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:46:09 AM by Nazgûl
Before this turns into a conversation about the presumptions of consensual S&M or sexual fetishes in a relationship, maybe read the article once again lads.

5 woman all with an array of horrible accounts and most of them claiming they have PTSD and mental health issues afterwards...Throwing plates at the wall, threats to "bash" faces in "with a baseball bat", locked in rooms and being verbally berated for hours, being forced to take drugs, the list goes on. Then one of his own crew backing up claims he was a horrible piece of shit to Wood in the presence of others and then this about another girlfriend: "He would threaten to kill her, cut her up, bury her, embarrass her to the world. Making her cry and fear him made him feel good. He would remind her that she'd be homeless without him and make fun of her learning disabled family member."

There's little to be questioning or wondering about here.

The sad thing there is that an employee of his apparently witnessed all of this and had the power to say or do something but seemingly didn't.

The Pale Emperor is a great album. Most of his performances live were sloppy.

Quote from: Nazgûl on February 02, 2021, 10:35:20 AM
Before this turns into a conversation about the presumptions of consensual S&M or sexual fetishes in a relationship, maybe read the article once again lads.

5 woman all with an array of horrible accounts and most of them claiming they have PTSD and mental health issues afterwards...Throwing plates at the wall, threats to "bash" faces in "with a baseball bat", locked in rooms and being verbally berated for hours, being forced to take drugs, the list goes on. Then one of his own crew backing up claims he was a horrible piece of shit to Wood in the presence of others and then this about another girlfriend: "He would threaten to kill her, cut her up, bury her, embarrass her to the world. Making her cry and fear him made him feel good. He would remind her that she'd be homeless without him and make fun of her learning disabled family member."

There's little to be questioning or wondering about here.

The sad thing there is that an employee of his apparently witnessed all of this and had the power to say or do something but seemingly didn't.

The point I was making is that he puts out that image of being beyond the pale, of being a degenerate and a drug user so that must have been attractive to the women in the first place. It just turns out it was more than theatre. Violence and dominance are a big part of his real life personality.

The question is, why are these cunts able to get away with this shot for so long? Joe soap would be picked up by the police and charged immediately before going to court. This idiot was able to abuse multiple women over a long period of time and suffer no repercussions.

Interesting that Rose MacGowan has said that he wasn't like that when they were together, considering how outspoken she's been about Weinstein and his ilk. She did add the caveat that that doesn't mean he didn't behave like that to the women in question, and she'a suporting their decisions to come forward. It must be a relatively recent  development (I think they were together ~20 years ago?).

#24 February 02, 2021, 11:00:04 AM Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:02:18 AM by Nazgûl
I always thought he came across as a fairly down to earth, intelligent person in interviews -- such as the Columbine documentary and other things. A piece of shit though at the end of the day, as it turns out.

What falls directly in line with McLove's response to me above, is that his legal team defended a comment he made about Wood years prior where he said he fantasized about bashing her skull in every day, putting it down to "obviously a theatrical rock star interview promoting a new record, and not a factual account". Obviously not!

I don't know much about Marilyn Manson beyond that I saw him perform "The Dope Show" on TV back in the 90s and bought "Mechanical Animals" off the back of it. 

I heard him on Marc Maron's podcast a few years ago and he was loopy from the gatt.

The news report there is fairly grim but, surely given his 20+ year career of Terror Of Middle America guff, we can't say we're too surprised about this.

As McLove mentioned - you have to wonder what some of these women expected when they were getting into a relationship with him.

Women think that they'll be the one to change a man - normally though, the man in question is a fella who lazes about all Saturday in his lounge pants plying FIFA until it's time to shower go to the pub.  Rarely is it an absinthe-swilling, cruelty obsessed, self-styled Antichrist.

An absynth-swilling, cruelty obsessed, self-styled Antichrist with a little heart of gold?

Quote from: Carnage on February 02, 2021, 10:57:41 AM
Interesting that Rose MacGowan has said that he wasn't like that when they were together, considering how outspoken she's been about Weinstein and his ilk. She did add the caveat that that doesn't mean he didn't behave like that to the women in question, and she'a suporting their decisions to come forward. It must be a relatively recent  development (I think they were together ~20 years ago?).
He went off the rails after his divorce from Dita Von Teese in 2007.

Granted, his rails were always fucking demented anyway, but that's when he proper turned into a gibbering, vodka soaked pus in interviews rather than the clever clogs prick he was before. It was also the period where his albums abandoned all semblance of commentary and cohesive concept and just became murder fetish for awhile.

I'd say that's when this systemic stuff kicked in. Although, again, he was always off his game. His 1997 biography explicitly details groupies being tied up backstage and made to confess to their perversions, prior abuses etc on camera as a sort of ritualistic healing. He's also obviously had an awfully dismissive relationship of the people that have wrote his music over the years, which is why the band lineups used to change so much.

Funny how things come full circle, though. I mean the bible belt weren't completely on the ball about him back in the day but they had a point after all!

Bet they're feeling smug that they were right about him as lots of his fans are now against him too.

I blame it on his grandpa's dried Vaseline encrusted dildos.