This whole thing is so retarded from everyone involved. I always get a kick out of these official statements from these bands I've never heard of.

There's a splinter group called Ireland Metal Heads uncensored where all the banned people have gone. A lot of women commenting on creepy messages they got from him.

Sure didn't the good Lord himself send dick pics from the cross. A time honoured tradition.

Why exactly was he banning people? What were they being negative about? Fuck. I suppose I'm interested now.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 27, 2021, 09:12:11 PM
Why exactly was he banning people? What were they being negative about? Fuck. I suppose I'm interested now.

You're not allowed say a band is shit. You have to be "positive bro". Question anything and you're banned. He sold raffle tickets for a guitar with about 80 euro and was selling tickets for 20 euro or something a pop. Advertised it as being worth 250 or thereabouts. Lads said it was worth about 100 euro. Banned. That sort of nonsense.

I've had 3 accounts banned on The Journal, so probably not worth my while signing up.

Quote from: blessed1 on January 27, 2021, 09:06:03 PM
This whole thing is so retarded from everyone involved. I always get a kick out of these official statements from these bands I've never heard of.

He sent sleazy messages to women. I'd never do that,  it's just not the kind of nice trust worthy and reliable guy I am,  ladies.  Honest. If any of you ever feel like calling over we can talk about our emotions and listen to my Damien Rice CDs. I mean,  I hardly even have a cock at all. I'm just such a non threatening nice guy. Ladies?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 27, 2021, 08:52:13 PM
But sure,  what harm if they have dealings with him? They'll soon see he's a buffoon.

Edit. I'm completely out of touch with all of this stuff and from the outside it all looks like fuss over fuck all. But sure, what do I know... if bands spent more time on their music than trying to get Facebook acclaim the good Lord Jesus himself would sign them all to his label and there'd be no more war.

Out of touch maybe, but dead right.

Quote from: Ollkiller on January 27, 2021, 09:16:19 PM

You're not allowed say a band is shit. You have to be "positive bro". Question anything and you're banned.

I hope he dies.

I saw him getting split with a headbutt at the Testament/ Exodus gig last year. He tracked me down on Facebook afterwards to say thanks for getting him some tissue out of the Jacks. He also offered me a free ticket to the gig he was organising. Needless to say I'm devastated and all those bands owe me an apology.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 27, 2021, 09:52:21 PM

You're not allowed say a band is shit. You have to be "positive bro". Question anything and you're banned.

I hope he dies.
The group is basically people who cried over The Rev thread on MI, are true Metallica fans because they don't think their post AJFA material is bollox and a bunch of fucking crybabies who need a fb group to help with their mental health. Self medicate with opiates you fucking whiney cuntbags.

Quote from: lifeeternal on January 27, 2021, 10:35:32 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on January 27, 2021, 09:52:21 PM

I hope he dies.
The group is basically people who cried over The Rev thread on MI, are true Metallica fans because they don't think their post AJFA material is bollox and a bunch of fucking crybabies who need a fb group to help with their mental health. Self medicate with opiates you fucking whiney cuntbags.

Pretty much. An echo chamber for gobshytes.

Quote from: Ollkiller on January 27, 2021, 09:06:11 PM
There's a splinter group called Ireland Metal Heads uncensored where all the banned people have gone. A lot of women commenting on creepy messages they got from him.
On which, Leather Mike is a regular contributor (the uncensored group I mean).

Anyway the whole thing with IMH is a fucking shitshow and has been from the start.  Genuinely such a wealth of shit associated with it that it is impossible to go through it all.  I quit that group ages back because they do exactly fuck all to promote Irish Metal in any way, and the whole thing is an ego trip for the admins.  Stay away.

I've been off Facebook for a few months now but seen him pop up before, got a lot of chat from lads in messenger about him. Just seems to be out of touch and an oddball.

I will say, the whole bands denouncing thing is a bit much, has an element of '5 minutes of fame' about it. Everyone I know saw that group as a shit show way early to be honest. You know somethings off when a fella is more or less grooming young wans to be admins on a somewhat meaningless page.

I must say as well there's a lot of lads doing things in the vein of 'support the scene' recently and all comes across as people trying to get a piece of the action without doing anything worthwhile. They always pick their favourites and somehow create enemies. This is what happens when you let anyone use social media.