Just read there. Only 50 years old. Unreal musician.

Sean Malone definitely merits a thread of his own. What a player! Him and Reinert, two absolute trail blazers, both gone now at very young ages.

An undeniably brilliant musician but I have to admit, that sort of stuff just leaves me cold. I can marvel at the skill but remain unmoved by the song.

RIP of course.

It took me a long time to get into Cynic and Focus. Once I did I realised it's the least cold record I've ever heard. The musicianship is simply a tool and a way to express what are simply beautiful themes and songs. I definitely dismiss winky wanky musicianship for the sake of it but this is one case where it was done perfectly. The musical equivalent of drinking a massive cup of mushy tea..sublime.

Yep,  I'm not arguing that. It just doesn't work for me.

Deplatformed for unwokeness.

Ah sure,  I'm the original misogynazitranshomophobe. I'm worse than Hitler and almost as bad as Jordan Peterson.

Steve DiGiorgio mentioned depression in his tribute, which means it may have been a voluntary departure.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 10, 2020, 12:31:01 PM
Ah sure,  I'm the original misogynazitranshomophobe. I'm worse than Hitler and almost as bad as Jordan Peterson.

Well if you don't accept being told why you should like music that you don't like you're obviously nothing short of a despot.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 10, 2020, 12:50:16 PM
Steve DiGiorgio mentioned depression in his tribute, which means it may have been a voluntary departure.

Fuck that..

Crazy that someone so absolutely gifted can be cut down in that way but I suppose we never know what's going on in peoples' heads. Very sad news if so.

Quote from: Pedrito on December 10, 2020, 01:01:16 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 10, 2020, 12:50:16 PM

Fuck that..

Crazy that someone so absolutely gifted can be cut down in that way but I suppose we never know what's going on in peoples' heads. Very sad news if so.

I've found it's the most gifted ones that can be cut down that way. Brainy and talented people sometimes sail too close to madness.

Amazing bass player. Rip

Sad news, he was a phenomenonal musician.

Unbelievable musician, I'd only just ordered his book on bass theory the other day

Think Traced in Air and a bit of Gordian Knot will have to get a listen tonight