Some people were recommending good adblockers on here recently but I can't find the thread.
Something to block ads on the youtube app for android phones? And whatever adblocker for Firefox is recommended?
Thanks

Vanced is the only job for Android. Ridiculous the amount of ads on YouTube.

Does Vanced deal with ads on other sites too?

I started using Vanced since it was recommended here and the YouTube app is vastly, vastly improved with no ads and some features unlocked.  Seems to be the best solution.

I watch YouTube almost exclusively on the TV, any ideas for that medium?

#7 September 17, 2020, 12:41:21 PM Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 12:44:28 PM by kamen
I find NewPipe very good for YouTube on Android. Full-featured, lightweight (~20 MB), blocks ads, and it plays audio in the background or video in a popout window.

https://newpipe.schabi.org/

Quote from: Emphyrio on September 17, 2020, 11:53:31 AM
Does Vanced deal with ads on other sites too?

No, it's just a standalone app replacement for YouTube. Haven't yet found an adblocker that can block in app ads on other apps.

For system wide ad blockers on Android the best bet is to root your device and install something like AdAway.  My device isn;t rooted but I use AdGuard which I find generally excellent  at blocking app ads - with the exception of YouTube which is why vanced is required. Blokada on Android (not the play store version) is a good bet.

Cheers lads I'll give them a shot  :abbath:

I use to use adblock but it's gone to shit over the last few months showing adverts on youtube and even on websites like discogs.

Quote from: mickO))) on September 17, 2020, 03:18:29 PM
I use to use adblock but it's gone to shit over the last few months showing adverts on youtube and even on websites like discogs.
In Firefox with Adblock? The Opera and Brave browsers have adblocking features built-in and they block ads on most sites. They don't have the same range of add-ons as Firefox though. There shouldn't be any ads visible on Discogs when logged in AFAIK.

On Firefox on the laptop, I run Adblock Plus, Ghostery, and uBlock Origin; ultimate hassle free surfing!
Must look up this Vanced thang for my phone.

Quote from: kamen on September 17, 2020, 03:41:17 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on September 17, 2020, 03:18:29 PM
In Firefox with Adblock? The Opera and Brave browsers have adblocking features built-in and they block ads on most sites. They don't have the same range of add-ons as Firefox though. There shouldn't be any ads visible on Discogs when logged in AFAIK.

I use it on Chrome I haven't tried it on Firefox.