Quote from: Jward on January 18, 2024, 01:06:50 PMThe socks I'm wearing (I do change them unlike you!  :laugh: ) add about an inch to my height they are so thick!

That reminds me!
I have a little Xmas pressie for you. 🤣
Thought I might catch up with you before the hols, but never happened.

Quote from: Carnage on January 17, 2024, 10:13:36 PMOut of the fridge and into my cavenous maw. The idea was to avoid the pub, more a money saving thing than a non-alcoholic month, but I just haven't been bothered. Knowing my luck they'll go out of date!

Funny I'm the opposite, trying to take the break from drinking at home, but it's ok if I'm out. My dry Jan lasted a week, then about a week of crashing, now trying to get it back on track  :laugh:

Simple pleasure: The British Import Store in my city. Got myself a bunch of bags of Monster Munch yesterday. Plus some import sausages (you cannot get a sausage like back home anywhere here, they just don't exist). It's the home comforts that are the best!

There's a folk club on in my local tonight, and I'm sorely tempted as it's generally good craic (even if the music quality varies a lot) but I'l probably skip it. I wouldn't have the willpower to not have a pint or ten.

Quote from: jobrok1 on January 18, 2024, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: Jward on January 18, 2024, 01:06:50 PMThe socks I'm wearing (I do change them unlike you!  :laugh: ) add about an inch to my height they are so thick!

That reminds me!
I have a little Xmas pressie for you. 🤣
Thought I might catch up with you before the hols, but never happened.

More feckin socks  :laugh:

Just made a very spicy curry for lunch, just the thing when the weather is so relentlessly shit outside.

We have a pair of Robins that come to the back door every say, very tame/brave and we've taken to feeding them. I was out in the shed earlier, it was blowing a gale and pissing down outside and one of them followed me in. Nothing unusual in that, they're very curious but after a couple of minutes it started singing, amd it was the best thing that's happened to me in ages. Just lovely.

That's class re the robins. He was probably organising a gang to call over though to check out his new crib (before fighting them away of course).

Simple pleasure for myself - my 12 year old daughter selecting my Morphosis hoody from 1993 to wear with her combats  :laugh: She hasn't heard a note of them but still twas class for the photo with Santa  :abbath:

Robins are great wee birds.  There is one that has been hanging round the garden lately and has spent most of the time chasing chaffinches away from the area under the bird feeder.   

Had a few in the past who would appear every time I did some work in the garden, just waiting for you to dig up a juicy worm or something.  Not afraid to sit on the spade or fork if you went to do something else.   

#1718 January 23, 2024, 08:59:33 PM Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 10:45:27 PM by Carnage
Aye, when I was filling wheelbarrows of turf to bring around to the shed during the summer, one'd sit on the pile watching despite all the sudden movement and noise. They've been hanging around since, not afraid to come in the back door either, even though there're dogs about. I hope they get through this weather OK.

Quote from: Carnage on January 23, 2024, 01:28:32 PMWe have a pair of Robins that come to the back door every say, very tame/brave and we've taken to feeding them. I was out in the shed earlier, it was blowing a gale and pissing down outside and one of them followed me in. Nothing unusual in that, they're very curious but after a couple of minutes it started singing, amd it was the best thing that's happened to me in ages. Just lovely.

Lovely little things indeed, they cheer you up!!  :)

Driving in to work this morning at half five, Forest of Equilibrium on the stereo and one of the most spectacular electrical storms I've ever seen lighting up the sky. As the Yanks might say,'twas awesome, bai.

MDMA.

Simple.

Pleasurable.

I won

Can't wait for work in the morning as well

Acquired a new hi-fi for myself recently. Mostly for my CD collection, which I felt was being neglected. I had been looking for something decent that wasn't a portable or music played through PC speakers. Plus the thoughts of streaming from my phone to Bluetooth speakers or the likes just doesn't appeal to me. Grand for getting you out of a tight spot, of course. Spent a fair bit of time going down the separates rabbit hole but couldn't decide on a particular combination.
Eventually settled on a Panasonic job. CD/USB/Bluetooth/aux in/optical in etc. Can hook the TV up to it as well. Class stuff. Really good sound, to me anyway. Unlikely to get the YouTube audiophile chaps worked up, but still.

Like I say, I felt that my CD collection was being neglected (especially my recent purchases) and I wasn't listening to entire albums so much. I definitely wanted to get back to that.
And I have done. And it's bloody brilliant.
Just the act of putting on a CD, sitting back with the laptop and editing photos or reading is a tonic.