This was on sky arts the other night and watched most of it last night. The drum sound is massive.
The songs. Hmmm.

Flat and tired 2nd attempt at a flat and tired concept that didn't work the first time around.  I've been the biggest fan of Metallica forever but they're just not at the races anymore.

That's it. The only thing I could take away from it was the drum sound was terrific.

I really liked the first one, but this just seemed a lazy attempt at trying it again. They didn't even bother mixing up the set with nearly all the songs from the original reused

I wasn't a big fan of the first one, but even if I was this seems a bit pointless surely?

I had it on in the backround only half paying attention when it was on the other night. Most of Metallica's material is just too busy for that sort of thing tbh, I'd say it was a pain in the arse for the engineer to mix too.

The lad playing Anesthesia on the double bass (?) was class though.

Quote from: ldj on September 08, 2020, 02:11:51 PM
I had it on in the backround only half paying attention when it was on the other night. Most of Metallica's material is just too busy for that sort of thing tbh, I'd say it was a pain in the arse for the engineer to mix too.

The lad playing Anesthesia on the double bass (?) was class though.

Think about the fact that the highlight of a Metallica gig comes from a guy that isn't in Metallica   :)

I had the cd in my hand the other day. Took one look at the tracklist and put it back down. Pointless indeed. I'd look at it on the telly if it was on but that's as far as it will go with me

Why this though? Why not do a normal concert? Some odds and sods thrown in maybe (breadfan etc). Best of the rest or whatever. Why do this rubbish all over again??

They also just did one of those playing to nobody type things.
Did any of ye watch the Behemoth thing?

I recorded S&M2 and flicked through it last night.... the thing that stood out most to me was the amazing vocal performance. I dont think he missed a note (assuming it wasn't doctored in post)  - very impressive.  I had seen the Anasthesia clip already - that really was great.  The rest of it is kinda hit or miss.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 08, 2020, 03:34:53 PM
They also just did one of those playing to nobody type things.
Did any of ye watch the Behemoth thing?
Yep, watched it Saturday night. First class and the church was a great setting.

I didn't get it in the end but wish I had. The setlist was great . Behemoth that is.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 08, 2020, 01:43:46 PM
That's it. The only thing I could take away from it was the drum sound was terrific.

Lars having a great drum sound is like me having the best cricket equipment.

#14 September 08, 2020, 06:16:29 PM Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:22:39 PM by Carnage
Yeah, he still can't play the fucking things. I just stuck it on there, about halfway through Ktulu and he hasn't played a single bar that isn't him throwing in intrusive fills or simply playing out of time. Useless cunt.

The two boys going nuts on the xylophones was gas though.