Quote from: open face surgery on September 08, 2020, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 08, 2020, 01:43:46 PM
That's it. The only thing I could take away from it was the drum sound was terrific.

Lars having a great drum sound is like me having the best cricket equipment.

Whatever about his playing they sounded good. The snare was loud and clear and the toms were huge.

That's it. The only thing I could take away from it was the drum sound was terrific.

Or your own highly polished soup spoon?

160 sheets for the big box set of this in Golden Discs. My local one has sold loads of them...

Lots of overdubs on this, drums and vocals stand out. Anesthesia on the cello was cringeworthy, too. I'd be curious what the full version is like, the Sky one I'm watching is only about half of it.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 08, 2020, 06:49:40 PM

Or your own highly polished soup spoon?

Hahaha. Can't have one without the other.

Plus points:

* Lovely packaging.
* Sound is pretty good - the band and orchestra sound vast at times. I think the orchestra is a bit low in the mix here and there though.
* Call Of Ktulu, Day That Never Comes, Confusion - all good
*All Within My Hands - I'm still amazed that they got a St. Anger song to sound listenable.
* Anaesthesia is great

Minuses:

* Lack of that much adventure in the setlist choices - Orion, Fade To Black, more of the Loads would all have worked
* CD2 opens with two minutes of Lars talking
* Despite the compensation of the orchestra, the band really haven't been the same in the live arena since Newsted left.

#21 September 08, 2020, 09:41:15 PM Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:21:02 AM by jobrok1
LP editions of this are scandalously priced.

I liked the first one, thought the Load and Reload songs sounded great with the orchestra especially Bleeding Me. Have zero interest in hearing it redone.

The first time around they did it in Moscow as well. I never heard it. I though Bleeding me and Fuel sounded great from the original. I'd say the tickets were a fine price this time around.